It's only practice, folks...

This doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, but I saw Buffalo and Green Bay basically enjoying what they were doing, and a lot of laughing and joking coming from both sides. Classier, and I can't help but feel that they got better results out of their practice than two teams who got all heated and bothered. Friggen New Jersey teams.

"He Hit ME!!!"

Jets coach Herman Edwards blamed what he called his team's "testiness" on getting up at 4:30 a.m. for a three-hour bus ride from Long Island to the Giants camp.

Whaaaah (sniffle, sniffle) Whaaaah.

It is understandable (though not condonable) that some players lost control of themselves during this pretend game (is pretending to pretend a double negative that make it real?) and engaged in fisticuffs.

Its dumb (as one risks getting a penalty which hurts your team or risks getting thrown out which gives some reserve a chance to shine and steal your job) but tempers flare in a game which really is controlled violence.

What reallt is problematic about this is that it sounds like from press reports (and press reports are sometimes far from accurate so a real investigation needs to be done by the NFL and/or teams) that the coaches like Giants HC Coughlin were the ones who acted like ten year olds when the deal is here they agreed to be paid tp act like parents.

I understand but do not condone the players acting out of line. However, I neither condone nor undertand why Coughlin or the Jets coaches would allow themselves to act like players and lose control of themselves (possibly) or the situation (definitely).

If anyone should be fined here it is the "boys" in charge for failing to act like real men.

This may be Bills relevant because I doubt the Pack will pass on the soldout gate and TEAM building festivity of their Family night to travel to Buffalo for the multi-day exhibition scrimmage.

If NYG or NYJ offers to make the trek to Buffalo (likely because nobody wants this distraction of dueling with them even in exchange for a large gate. I advise TD to pass on their kind offer and look for a real team that will work toward muutal goals and good work and practices as we do our real job of building a good TEAM.

Are you actually surprised with a guy like Jeremy Shockey on the Giants? This is a guy who gets upset and throws a cup of ice at a kid or cries to the media that the fans are too mean and boo and leave early when the team sucks. And the guy who was touted as a superstar yet has done nothing to back it up...so methinks he's a bit bitter. :blink:

Are you actually surprised with a guy like Jeremy Shockey on the Giants? This is a guy who gets upset and throws a cup of ice at a kid or cries to the media that the fans are too mean and boo and leave early when the team sucks. And the guy who was touted as a superstar yet has done nothing to back it up...so methinks he's a bit bitter.  :blink:

401262[/snapback]

Not I. Once again, the "subleties" of the game. A disciplined team in most cases will outperform an undisciplined one. Good staffs take notice of these things and plan them in. FFS has a good point on the coaches. If the coaches are going to act out, what does one expect from players? I'd exploit it, if it were me.

Not I. Once again, the "subleties" of the game. A disciplined team in most cases will outperform an undisciplined one. Good staffs take notice of these things and plan them in. FFS has a good point on the coaches. If the coaches are going to act out, what does one expect from players? I'd exploit it, if it were me.

401267[/snapback]

Tis why the Eagles have owned the Giants for 3 years. :blink:

It's hard to imagine two more chippy punk-ass 'teams' than the Jests and Jints.

They're so rooster-sure that they're God's gift to theNFL they come off like hip-hop artists on an ego binge after signing that big contract wiff Sony.

The Jests in particular has a long tradition of being cheap-shot artists.

Here are a few of my lowlights:

• Illegally holding Mark Brammer down on the ground so he couldn't recover a fumble (yeah, it goes WAY back, but I'm old as dirt.

• Two goons wishboning Andre Reed OUT OF BOUNDS (Reed never fully recovered from that groin pull)

• Pete "Christmas" Carol giving Norwood the choke sign across the field before a game-winning FG

• Freeman McNeil as their color announcer predicting game after game (backed up by player pre-game interviews) that the Jests are definitely the better team and absolutely going to thrash the Bills - year in and year out for the decade of the 90's no less - only to be force-fed post-game crow pie year in and year out for the decade of the 90's.