Sterling Sharpe

Hmmm. Anti Bills or Pro Packers? I was ready to shut my t.v. off 15 minutes into the scrimmage. He's still as cocky as he was when he played. Hey did you guys know there is a difference between a mental mistake and a physical mistake. Losman made 3 mental and 3 physical just so you know. :D

Something tells me that when I replay this tape, I'll be hitting the mute button.

Sad, when they can't even get their own players' names right (Lucas or Lewis?), and the topper was Sharpe's amazement that a football team called the Sabrecats actually exists.

Please tell me you'll be doing that immediately AFTER the game, and posting your analyses soon after that? :D

400380[/snapback]

Nah, got one more 12-8 to work. (In fact, I should probably be sleeping right now.) Grab a nap tomorrow AM, then head over to the Big 30 game (local HS all-stars) in Bradford, so I probably won't get to it till sometime Sunday...

Nah, got one more 12-8 to work. (In fact, I should probably be sleeping right now.) Grab a nap tomorrow AM, then head over to the Big 30 game (local HS all-stars) in Bradford, so I probably won't get to it till sometime Sunday...

400407[/snapback]

I played in that game for New York. Man I miss playing. Have fun Lori and go New York.

did you guys watch the same scrimmage that I did? Sterling gave the Bills PLENTY of copliments. Said our D was THE best, not one of, but THE BEST. He was very fair in his comments on JP as well. Couldn't say enough good things about Roscoe Parrish. "We like him!" was one quote.

On the flip side, he was very critical of Green Bay's D and their O.

watch the whole thing and don't mute it. It was a very fair broadcast....I'd even venture to say if it had been a Buffalo broadcast, we would not have seen such fairness.

That was a great two+ hours of football in August. I'm glad I TiVo'd the two programs after....so I got to see the whole thing. To me, that was much better than a fully produced Preseason game.

did you guys watch the same scrimmage that I did? Sterling gave the Bills PLENTY of copliments. Said our D was THE best, not one of, but THE BEST. He was very fair in his comments on JP as well. Couldn't say enough good things about Roscoe Parrish. "We like him!" was one quote.

On the flip side, he was very critical of Green Bay's D and their O.

watch the whole thing and don't mute it. It was a very fair broadcast....I'd even venture to say if it had been a Buffalo broadcast, we would not have seen such fairness.

That was a great two+ hours of football in August. I'm glad I TiVo'd the two programs after....so I got to see the whole thing. To me, that was much better than a fully produced Preseason game.

400837[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. He definitely is still cocky and a little arrogant but he gave the Bills their due. He said they had the best LBs in the league, complimented the hell out of our wrs, and overall, I thought he was pretty fair about his analysis of the Bills. Additionally, he's a former Packer on their broadcast, so he has to be a little bit of a homer. Everyone thinks it is such an easy job, but it's tough because if you are too praise worthy of your former team, then you are a homer. But if you are too critical and trying to be neutral, you get criticized by the fans of your former team, ala Steve Tasker. :D

Yeah, I agree.  He definitely is still cocky and a little arrogant but he gave the Bills their due.  He said they had the best LBs in the league, complimented the hell out of our wrs, and overall, I thought he was pretty fair about his analysis of the Bills.  Additionally, he's a former Packer on their broadcast, so he has to be a little bit of a homer.  Everyone thinks it is such an easy job, but it's tough because if you are too praise worthy of your former team, then you are a homer.  But if you are too critical and trying to be neutral, you get criticized by the fans of your former team, ala Steve Tasker.  :D

400843[/snapback]

well said

i didn't get a chance to see the scrimmage, so remind me again

which sharpe brother is sterling?  the hall of fame TE with a big mouth or the guy with pimp suits that ESPN canned in favor of michael irvin and his pimper suits?

400874[/snapback]

The latter. The former is Shannon.

The biggest problem I had with Sterling was his whole physical/mental mistake bs. At one point he felt that JP should have just stood in the pocket and gotten sacked by the blitzers rather than what he did, which was quickly and nimbly avoid the rushers. When have you ever seen a successful quarterback in the NFL just take a sack when they don't have to?