Barry Sanders on NFL Network

While I am eagerly awaiting 8pm, I checked out NFL network to see if maybe there was a pregame/coaches show or something. I caught the end of an hour-long special on Barry Sanders. Just some thoughts:

-The highlights are even more dazzling then I remember. It was like when I saw the Michael Jordan IMAX; my mouth was just hanging open the whole time.

-I love TD celebrations, maybe more than most. But I had forgotten how Barry would always just flip the ball to the ref after each TD. I think doing a dance is cool and fun and if you score you deserve it, but watching maybe the greatest RB in the game's history just routinely toss the ball to ref each time is a much, much more powerful statement in my mind.

-Steve Sabol asked about Emmitt breaking the record and he gave what I thought was an amazing answer. He said he thought Emmitt was definitely someone who should have the record. So Sabol obviously counters with "But you could've had the record." Barry calmly looked at him and said "Yeah and Jim Brown could have had the record." I realized that most people obviously assume it was Barry's record because he could have played longer and gotten it, but it is less common to attribute the same credit to Brown.

Amazing class and moves that will never be duplicated on a football field. It was a pleasure to watch him play.

Now....on to the BILLS!!!! :(

I just watched it, too.....great program! I thought it was really interesting to see the degree to which opposing teams tried to prepare for him. Barry was an amazing athlete, no doubt.