It's a Sad Day...

When I first read the news of Hunter Kelly's passing, I was not in the office, but at the public library, checking my e-mail when I saw the news on Yahoo. I fought back tears, as I was in a public place.

The Jim Kelly family issued this press release from the Kelly for Kids Foundation:

Hunter James Kelly entered Heaven this morning, Friday, August 5, 2005. Hunter, the beloved 8½ year old son of Hall of Fame Quarterback Jim Kelly and his wife Jill, staged a valiant life-long battle with Krabbe Leukodystrophy. Hunter was the longest living survivor of infantile Krabbe disease and served as an inspiration to thousands of other children and their families. The Hunter's Hope Foundation was founded in his name to fund research into the fatal disease and to offer hope and support to its victims worldwide.

Jim and Jill Kelly remain grateful for your continued prayers and support and ask that you respect their privacy as they mourn the sudden loss of their beloved son and offer comfort to his sisters Erin and Camryn.

The Kelly Family would also like to thank everyone who has and will continue to uphold their family through prayer and support of the Hunter's Hope Foundation. It is the family's hope that all who mourn for their son, Hunter would join them in thanking the Lord for his precious life.

In lieu of flowers, please consider sending a donation to the Hunter's Hope Foundation (Hunter's Hope Foundation PO BOX 643, Orchard Park, NY 14127.)

The Kelly family has requested a private family viewing.

A celebration of Hunter Kelly's life will be held on Tuesday, August 9,2005 at 1pm at the Wesleyan Church of Hamburg, N.Y.

Mike