RWS not loud like it used to be..

I don't know what it might be, but RWS doesn't sound as loud as I remember from the early to mid 90s (on TV anyway)....When I watched games back then, the echo from the crowd coming through my TV speakers was really loud. Infact, that's what the Bills fans were known for, being the loudest right?

Anyway, educate me fellas, has the voice chords been damaged, or the lack of good football in Buffalo contributed to lower levels of loudness

I don't know what it might be, but RWS doesn't sound as loud as I remember from the early to mid 90s (on TV anyway)....When I watched games back then, the echo from the crowd coming through my TV speakers was really loud. Infact, that's what the Bills fans were known for, being the loudest right?

Anyway, educate me fellas, has the voice chords been damaged, or the lack of good football in Buffalo contributed to lower levels of loudness

399475[/snapback]

Over 10'000 less seats. And the biggest reason is the loss of those metal bench

seats we use to pound on.

Fewer seats doesn't really explain the loss of decibel levels. Other stadiums on radio are very loud. That is their crowds are very obvious on a big play but then again they can play with that and amplify it with current technologies.

Fewer seats doesn't really explain the loss of decibel levels.  Other stadiums on radio are very loud.  That is their crowds are very obvious on a big play but then again they can play with that and amplify it with current technologies.

399492[/snapback]

In my experience radio tends to amplify crowd noise to make up for the lack of visual experience. When I did hockey games we purposely used strategically placed omnidirectional mics to enhance the listener's experience.