I tip my hat to the USPS!!!

SDS

I just received a letter from the USPS that stated that a piece of mail that was addressed to us was damaged. The original envelope was actually ripped in half (front separated from the back).

The mail was loose and they attempted to recover what was originally in the envelopes. It was a several packs of stickers from Grandma and Grandpa for the kids... plus $100 in cash.

And it was all there. :doh:

The USPS gets a lot of crap from people, but today - someone in there deserves a pat on the back.

I just received a letter from the USPS that stated that a piece of mail that was addressed to us was damaged.  The original envelope was actually ripped in half (front separated from the back).

The mail was loose and they attempted to recover what was originally in the envelopes.  It was a several packs of stickers from Grandma and Grandpa for the kids...  plus $100 in cash.

And it was all there.  :doh:

The USPS gets a lot of crap from people, but today - someone in there deserves a pat on the back.

399329[/snapback]

Nice!

But a lesson...never send stickers in the mail!!!...... I mean cash.

I just received a letter from the USPS that stated that a piece of mail that was addressed to us was damaged.  The original envelope was actually ripped in half (front separated from the back).

The mail was loose and they attempted to recover what was originally in the envelopes.  It was a several packs of stickers from Grandma and Grandpa for the kids...  plus $100 in cash.

399329[/snapback]

Look at the post mark.....it was sent in 1970. :w00t:

399329[/snapback]

People actually forget that their tax dollars do not support the US Postal Service!!! They support themselves quite nicely w/o attempting to make a profit. Too bad we can't say that about any other government agency.

I bow to all the men and women who work for the USPS.

People actually forget that their tax dollars do not support the US Postal Service!!!  They support themselves quite nicely w/o attempting to make a profit.  Too bad we can't say that about any other government agency. 

399532[/snapback]

Hmm..they very much like to turn a profit.

People actually forget that their tax dollars do not support the US Postal Service!!!  They support themselves quite nicely w/o attempting to make a profit.  Too bad we can't say that about any other government agency. 

399532[/snapback]

I wouldn't. The USPS has continually screwed the taxpayer.

Citizens Against Government Waste with a Scathing Report

399532[/snapback]

Umm.... The USPS has been given lots of big bailouts over the years.

In recent years they have been self-sufficient and turned a nice profit a couple of years ago w/ changes they made, advanced machine sorting and a partnership w/ FedEx for one thing. Budgets are reduced, and then they'll be in trouble next year too.

But it is a gov't program that has a certifiable purpose; the guaranteed daily delivery system and infrastructure required to enhance commerce and capitalism. They do a great job considering their task.

Side stepping all the political piles of sh-- that sprung up around your note, like dandelions on a fresh green lawn.... I tip my hat to the honest people of the USPS, who work hard for a living to provide service to us. :w00t:

I used to work for a once-large dot com - want to look at waste and corruption, pick any industry, you will find something. :doh:

And it was all there.  :(

399329[/snapback]

399329[/snapback]

So they kept the drugs? Thems guys is bastages!