Someone Finally Grows a Sac

"Let no one be in any doubt that the rules of the game are changing," Blair told a London news conference, his last before breaking for a summer holiday.

"This is not, in any way whatever, aimed at the decent law-abiding Muslim community of Britain," Blair said.

"But if you come to this country from abroad, then don't meddle in extremism," he said. "Because if you meddle in it, and engage in it, you're going back out again."

Blair named two radical Islamic groups that would be banned from operating in Britain -- Hizb ut-Tahrir and the successor organization to al Muhajiroun.

Game on.

It's about time someone put the supporters of extremism on notice. Maybe someday we will learn to do the same, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Drastic times call for drastic measures and I wish Bush had the sac to follow his lead. To hell with the ACLU and thier likes, as there is a clear difference between political dissent and incitement of terror.

Game on.

It's about time someone put the supporters of extremism on notice.  Maybe someday we will learn to do the same, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.  Drastic times call for drastic measures and I wish Bush had the sac to follow his lead.  To hell with the ACLU and thier likes, as there is a clear difference between political dissent and incitement of terror.

399225[/snapback]

I would be very happy if our prison system would do so, if no one else. There, you have a controlled environment. Of course, the prisoner lawsuits over "religious freedoms" would be a problem, but not an unsurmountable one.

And then there is this:

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon condemned the attack, calling it "a reprehensible act of a bloodthirsty Jewish terrorist who sought to attack innocent Israeli citizens."

"This terrorist event was a deliberate attempt to harm the fabric of relations among all Israeli citizens," Sharon said in a statement issued by his office.

Israeli soldier kills four Arab bus passengers.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon instructed the National Insurance Institute on Friday to recognize Thursday's shooting attack in Shfaram, in which a Jewish gunman killed four Arab citizens, as a terror attack. Such a move would grant the families of those killed, as well as those wounded in the shooting, funds allocated to terror victims.

The law grants families of those killed in terror attack monthly allowances for the rest of their lives.

Sharon calls for recognizing Shfaram shooting as terror attack

Game on.

It's about time someone put the supporters of extremism on notice.  Maybe someday we will learn to do the same, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.  Drastic times call for drastic measures and I wish Bush had the sac to follow his lead.  To hell with the ACLU and thier likes, as there is a clear difference between political dissent and incitement of terror.

399225[/snapback]

Well it is about time the UK government sorted out this problem, because we have turned a blind eye to these freaks in our midst for a long time.

All Blair is doing is installing some common sense to UK domestic policy when it comes with dealing with these scumbags. The UK law has been far too wishy-washy with handling these walking piles of excrement, so much so that Londonistan has been a nickname for London amongst intelligence officers dealing with 'Islamic' terrorists for some time.

The French have had a zero tolerance on these guys on their soil for many years, and have even stripped individuals of their citizenship and then, after any applicable prison sentences, sent them back to whence they came. The rest of Europe has been far tougher as well than the UK, it is one area we have consistantly dropped the ball in the last couple of decades.

I would be very happy if our prison system would do so, if no one else. There, you have a controlled environment. Of course, the prisoner lawsuits over "religious freedoms" would be a problem, but not an unsurmountable one.

399228[/snapback]

Great Idea... for starters anyway. What about OUR boarders... Bush is waving em in, even giving licenses to the ones already here! I'd love to have those 100,000 troops right here guarding our borders not to mention the 200 BILLION dollars we are pouring into Iraq.

Great Idea... for starters anyway. What about OUR boarders... Bush is waving em in, even giving licenses to the ones already here! I'd love to have those 100,000 troops right here guarding our borders not to mention the 200 BILLION dollars we are pouring into Iraq.

399961[/snapback]

It's illegal. By law. Look up Title 10 authority and the Possee Comitatus Act.

Do you mean "Posse Comitatus"?

Yes, it is but who's talking about law inforcement?

:(

399984[/snapback]

Anyone speaking border enforcements by the military. It's law enforcement. Trust me, I've been through the drill and the meetings. You could use NG, but Federalizing a Title 34 organization to a Title 10 beyond small, select groups is probably not going to happen. The NG CST Teams are prime for Consequence Management, but they aren't that easy to grab, let alone a Brigade. Can't do it. You'd want to use MP's, anyway, and most of them are in Iraq.

Hmmm so Tony Blair is finally talking about getting as tough as the French and it's a good thing...hmm I thought French was bad? Of course try being a terrorist in France...it's not easy, that's why the terrorists are in places like America and the UK...hmmm, oh life gets so confusing when it's not all black and white! But yet how could emulating the French be good?

:-)

Hmmm so Tony Blair is finally talking about getting as tough as the French and it's a good thing...hmm I thought French was bad?  Of course try being a terrorist in France...it's not easy, that's why the terrorists are in places like America and the UK...

400807[/snapback]

Which you base on.....what?

I imagine it's much easier to be a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer in France because the Frenchies and the radical Muslims have that lil' anti-semitism thing in common.

Which you base on.....what?

I imagine it's much easier to be a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer in France because the Frenchies and the radical Muslims have that lil' anti-semitism thing in common.

401164[/snapback]

Based on facts & history, perhaps?

It is easier to be a terrorist sympathiser in the UK or US because the French have been more active against radiccal Islamists trying to infiltrate their Muslim community for far longe than either the US and UK and as a result they have a better handle on their situation. The French intelligence services were trying to get the UK and US to be much more stringent in their approach to these deluded and evil freaks for years before 9/11.

Now just because Chirac is a pr**k and the French were not going after Saddam because of WMDs/alleged links with AQ/realpolitik/oil/wanting to make arms sales to Saddam/whatever does not make their intelligence agencies incompetant when it comes to cracking down on extremists. The French were the colonial power in much of the Arab world and kept their claws there longer than any other western power so their agencies have a better understanding of and contacts in the Arab world than we do (not to mention a very large Arab Islamic population and strict (& effective) policies to make that population conform to French society).

Based on facts & history, perhaps?

It is easier to be a terrorist sympathiser in the UK or US because the French have been more active against radiccal Islamists trying to infiltrate their Muslim community for far longe than either the US and UK and as a result they have a better handle on their situation. The French intelligence services were trying to get the UK and US to be much more stringent in their approach to these deluded and evil freaks for years before 9/11.

Now just because Chirac is a pr**k and the French were not going after Saddam because of WMDs/alleged links with AQ/realpolitik/oil/wanting to make arms sales to Saddam/whatever does not make their intelligence agencies incompetant when it comes to cracking down on extremists. The French were the colonial power in much of the Arab world and kept their claws there longer than any other western power so their agencies have a better understanding of and contacts in the Arab world than we do (not to mention a very large Arab Islamic population and strict (& effective) policies to make that population conform to French society).

401181[/snapback]

Thenk you. I have read a deal on the subject, which was actually nicely summarized in a documentary a few weeks ago reviewing various countries and their approach to managing terrorism. The French chapter opened with "If you're a terrorist, you'd better avoid France".

But the ignoraumuses around here are convinced that because Chrirac (who is a jackass, but then he's a politician, same thing) didn't rush into a stupid war the French are wussies...well, you'll never convince them. But if I was a terrorist I sure wouldn't go there, I'd hang out in the US, put some flags and Support Our Troops stickers on my car, and no-one would ever look past that.

But the ignoraumuses around here are convinced that because Chrirac (who is a jackass, but then he's a politician, same thing) didn't rush into a stupid war the French are wussies...well, you'll never convince them. 

401533[/snapback]

Mmm hmm....Chirac didn't "rush into a stupid war" with Saddam because he was standing to make some good money if Saddam stayed in power. Oil for Food to keep him in power and money to be made after sanctions were to be lifted. Nice.

But if I was a terrorist I sure wouldn't go there, I'd hang out in the US, put some flags and Support Our Troops stickers on my car, and no-one would ever look past that.
So now you're saying we should profile? Interesting....

There's really no reason to commit acts of terrorist in France. The culture is dying, the economy is already dead, the native population is stagnant, and the Arab population is soaring. Basically, it'll be a muslim country in a generation or so anyway.

I want to hammer you.

They still don't get how sexy you are.

Their loss.

401549[/snapback]

Don't waste your sympathy on them. They need surgery rather, to remove their heads from their...whatever.

Remind me to tell you of my husband's great adventure on the bus to Seahawks training camp...with the Seagals. Those poor Seagals.

:blink:

Game on.

399225[/snapback]

This is why I consider you to be one of the most credible people on this board. You totally get it, and kudos for bringing it to the attention of everyone...especially our special ed friends on the left. Hopefully they will not spew hate your for simply expressing such commonsense.

Soldier On !!!

This is why I consider you to be one of the most credible people on this board. You totally get it, and kudos for bringing it to the attention of everyone...especially our special ed friends on the left. Hopefully they will not spew hate your for simply expressing such commonsense.

Soldier On !!!

402222[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of the Filter Theory in Political Science?

If I ever have to write a paper on it, I would like to interview you.

Soldier On !!!

402222[/snapback]

Oh, brother. ;)