Say it isnt so Jim

dib

Listening to WQAM this morning and Hank (Jabba the Hutt) was interviewing Jim. Jim refered to Dan Ma-Whine-oh as......gulp...... a friend! I almost drove off the road.

Hank the Hutt kept referring to Jim as- "Jim". I was ranting- dont you dare call him Jim you Dolfelon homer- you call him Mr. Kelly!

OK.....time to go to my happy place.

Listening to WQAM this morning and Hank (Jabba the Hutt) was interviewing Jim.  Jim refered to Dan Ma-Whine-oh as......gulp...... a friend!  I almost drove off the road.

Hank the Hutt kept referring to Jim as- "Jim". I was ranting- dont you dare call him Jim you Dolfelon homer- you call him Mr. Kelly!

OK.....time to go to my happy place.

399085[/snapback]

Actually, they have been friends for a long time.

The thing that really brings them together is that one of Marino's kids has a medical problem - not as bad as Hunter, but something that will require long-term care. So while Jim does his Krabbe's disease work, Marino does his as well - and they always show up for each other when charity events are involved.

Funny with QB's from that era and their kids.

Kelly, Esiason, Marino, Flutie all have kids with disabilites.

At least Kelly, Esiason, and Marino have been helping each other

respective fundraisers for years.

399110[/snapback]

gee - I wonder why that is?

At least Kelly, Esiason, and Marino have been helping each other

respective fundraisers for years.

399110[/snapback]

I wonder if Boomer and Danny are still working together on that. If looks could kill, the glare that Dan gave Boomer after the "Peyton Manning is the Dan Marino of this generation" comment would have vaporized the golden boy.

Don't forget Mark Rypien & Trent Dilfer among those QBs that have children with health problems. They lost their boys to brain cancer and a rare heart ailment, respectively. It seems strange that a small fraternity of men have this tragic bond.

The thing that really brings them together is that one of Marino's kids has a medical problem - not as bad as Hunter, but something that will require long-term care. So while Jim does his Krabbe's disease work, Marino does his as well - and they always show up for each other when charity events are involved.

399090[/snapback]

Marino's son has autism. Not as severe as KRabbe disease, but they all work together to raise funds for each other's charities.

399090[/snapback]

I met Marino while he was down here (or up here from Miami, I guess) for one of Bruce Smith's celebrity golf tournaments. My job that morning was to match up the player with their golf clubs and make sure both made it to the links on time.

Marino came out wearing khaki pants and a nylon wind shirt. With his hands in his pockets he looks at me and says "Christ it's cold out here." I gave him a sideways look and let him know that This is a heat wave in Buffalo, Dan." He said "Oh no, you're a Buffalo guy?" with a wink and started laughing. We ended up chatting for a while and as much as it pains me to say it, he actually seemed like a pretty cool guy.

Later that day I ran in to him again at the dinner/silent auction. He talked about how much he loved playing Buffalo and going head-to-head with Kelly. He said that there will never be another rivalry as much fun for the players and fans as the Buffalo-Miami rivalry of the 80's and early 90's.

I can agree with that - but I still hate Miami just as much today as I did then. :doh:

I think maybe he was asking whether you had a theory as to why Kelly, Marino and Esiason all support each other's fundraisers but Flutie doesn't appear to be part of that group.

I got a theory on that.