JP lucked out as far as the scrimmage goes!

I wouldn't say he "tore it up" in preseason...  Didn't even lead the team to a TD against the Broncos (in the "Sounds of the game" game).  He played well, but hardly dominating.

Keep in mind that the defenses are ALWAYS ahead of the offense at this point in camp; defense is a read/react, where offense needs all 11 guys no the same page.  That's harder to do.

CW

398959[/snapback]

You think it's easier to diagnose plays @ the LOS, anticipate what the player you're covering is going to do and counter it, and be able to read/anticipate audibles is easier?

Wht is it shocking to anybody that a 2nd year QB who is starting for the first time looks bad? Do folks here seriously think he is going to throw 30 TDS and 10 INTS? More like 20 TDS and 15 INTS if we are lucky.

398968[/snapback]

Agreed. Carson Palmer was 18 TD and 18 INT last year for an 8-8 team. I'd expect JP in that area. The part he needs to learn is not to mope around after he throws a pick. Get back on that horse baby!

You think it's easier to diagnose plays @ the LOS, anticipate what the player you're covering is going to do and counter it, and be able to read/anticipate audibles is easier?

399097[/snapback]

Yes.

Off to Green Bay now. GO BILLS!

Agreed.  Carson Palmer was 18 TD and 18 INT last year for an 8-8 team.  I'd expect JP in that area.  The part he needs to learn is not to mope around after he throws a pick.  Get back on that horse baby!

399102[/snapback]

Palmer started out 1 and 5. A lot of folks wanted Kitna to take over, but HC Lewis stayed the course.

Two of Palmer's early ints were memorable - frozen ropes right into a defender's breadbasket and returned for unmolested td's. :doh:

Palmer started out 1 and 5. A lot of folks wanted Kitna to take over, but HC Lewis stayed the course.

Two of Palmer's early ints were memorable - frozen ropes right into a defender's breadbasket and returned for unmolested td's. :w00t:

399200[/snapback]

mularkey has shown that he's a "stay the course" HC as well...and the bills' early season schedule is pretty favorable. i don't think a 3-2 start is unreasonable, even if losman struggles a bit. the bills' D, ST, running game, and home crowd should be enough in the first three home games.

houston -- W

@ tampa -- L

atlanta -- W

@ new orleans -- L

miami -- W

if losman has gotten comfortable by then, anything is possible. honestly, i don't believe 5-0 is pie-in-the-sky thinking. tampa is starting brian "just throw it to them" griese and the bucs D doesn't scare people any more; i'm also guessing that losman will be slightly motivated to play well in new orleans.

i realize i'm optimistic. it's more fun that way. :doh:

@ tampa -- L

399217[/snapback]

This appears very pessimistic for an optimist. I'm almost more scared of Houston at home than Tampa on the road. I'm heading down for that game, so I will be sure to drink enough beers to will the Bills to victory. Should be interesting to see Cadillac play, I was a big fan of his in college (and won a lot of $$ on Auburn last fall!) Nonetheless, 3-2 seems like a pretty reasonable prediction for first 5, and I would be happy with that. Sure as hell beats 1-4.

mularkey has shown that he's a "stay the course" HC as well...and the bills' early season schedule is pretty favorable.  i don't think a 3-2 start is unreasonable, even if losman struggles a bit.  the bills' D, ST, running game, and home crowd should be enough in the first three home games.

houston -- W

@ tampa -- L

atlanta -- W

@ new orleans -- L

miami -- W

if losman has gotten comfortable by then, anything is possible.  honestly, i don't believe 5-0 is pie-in-the-sky thinking.  tampa is starting brian "just throw it to them" griese and the bucs D doesn't scare people any more; i'm also guessing that losman will be slightly motivated to play well in new orleans.

i realize i'm optimistic.  it's more fun that way.  :w00t:

399217[/snapback]

Good man! :doh:

Inaccurrate passes is usually a result of poor footwork at that level.  As several people with more knowledge then I have said, JP's footwork is very poor right now.

The clips I've seen of him is more he and the WR not being on the same page. Not knowing how far to lead a receiver, thinking a receiver is going one way but he goes the other or stays put. Maybe the footword is an issue as well, but it doesn't seem to be THE problem.