JP lucked out as far as the scrimmage goes!

Lets face it, the Packers defense could be the worst in football, he should get some confidence going against them, and if he struggles this board will explode.

Also the Bills defense gets a great test as well since the packers have a solid offense. Couldn't have worked out better for the Bills!

Lets face it, the Packers defense could be the worst in football, he should get some confidence going against them, and if he struggles this board will explode.

Also the Bills defense gets a great test as well since the packers have a solid offense. Couldn't have worked out better for the Bills!

398875[/snapback]

Dude, it's just a scrimmage. it's glorified practice. It'll be fun to watch (hell, I'll be at the stadium!), but take it for what it is - vanilla plays against a new opponent. It's not really going to make anyone confident or otherwise IMHO.

CW

From what I've SEEN, JP and his WR's need to get on the same page.

398897[/snapback]

What kinds of mistakes is JP making? Does he appear to be making the right reads and decisions and just misfiring and mis-timing some of his passes, or is he making dumb decisions, throwing to covered recievers, holding the ball too long, running too soon, etc?

What kinds of mistakes is JP making?  Does he appear to be making the right reads and decisions and just misfiring and mis-timing some of his passes,  or is he making dumb decisions,  throwing to covered recievers,  holding the ball too long,  running too soon,  etc?

398900[/snapback]

From what I've seen, when he is not running for his life, his timing with his WRs seems to be off. I saw alot of overthrown balls when I was there.

From what I've seen, when he is not running for his life, his timing with his WRs seems to be off.  I saw alot of overthrown balls when I was there.

Yeah, in more than a few it looks like he throws the ball to where he thinks the WR should be going, but isn't. That's timing more than anything, if not one of them running the wrong play.

I kinda see it as a good thing he is starting slow, if that makes sense. If he came out at camp throwing darts to everyone, then everyone would be sportin wood thinking he is going to light the league on fire. Then if he struggles his first few games everyone would be let down, sayin what the f*ck happened to this turd. Now, I see this as he can only get better or at least I hope so. Now if he struggles, we won't be too surprised.

Remember last year he tore it up during the pre-season and then in the very, very limited live action he saw, he looked like a mouse in a maze lookin for some cheese.

I kinda see it as a good thing he is starting slow, if that makes sense.  If he came out at camp throwing darts to everyone, then everyone would be sportin wood thinking he is going to light the league on fire.  Then if he struggles his first few games everyone would be let down, sayin what the f*ck happened to this turd.  Now, I see this as he can only get better or at least I hope so.  Now if he struggles, we won't be too surprised.

Remember last year he tore it up during the pre-season and then in the very, very limited live action he saw, he looked like a mouse in a maze lookin for some cheese.

398936[/snapback]

I wouldn't say he "tore it up" in preseason... Didn't even lead the team to a TD against the Broncos (in the "Sounds of the game" game). He played well, but hardly dominating.

Keep in mind that the defenses are ALWAYS ahead of the offense at this point in camp; defense is a read/react, where offense needs all 11 guys no the same page. That's harder to do.

CW

It is typical for the defense to be ahead of the offence early in training camp. That's going to be especially true when the team has a great defense like the Bills.

The Bills hare having the defense blitz Losman a lot because that's what opposing teams are going to do to him in the regular season. By having him deal with it now he'll panic less when the bullets are flying for real in September. It's going to make it look like his progress is slow though.

From what I've SEEN, JP and his WR's need to get on the same page.

398897[/snapback]

That could take years to happen. I'm an optimist tho and patient. He is still a rookie in my eyes.

The onus lies in the ground game and O-line. If teams tee off on Willis, then it's going to be a very long year. :)

JP is going to struggle no matter what team we play. Be prepared for a season with a rookie at QB.  :)

398926[/snapback]

LOL, that's what me and Fez have been saying since DB was cut! In the short term, we are most definitely NOT better off w/o him. JP is a long term solution.

The man is very green in the NFL and it will take him some time to assimilate. Big Ben was a lucky fluke for the Stillers. But then again, they have that awesome O-line, running game and a stellar defense.

LOL, that's what me and Fez have been saying since DB was cut!  In the short term, we are most definitely NOT better off w/o him.  JP is a long term solution. 

The man is very green in the NFL and it will take him some time to assimilate.  Big Ben was a lucky fluke for the Stillers.  But then again, they have that awesome O-line, running game and a stellar defense.

399050[/snapback]

<sigh> it must be nice to have all the answers. i guess i won't even bother watching the scrimmage, preseason, or regular season this year. :)

Yeah, in more than a few it looks like he throws the ball to where he thinks the WR should be going, but isn't.  That's timing more than anything, if not one of them running the wrong play.

398910[/snapback]

Inaccurrate passes is usually a result of poor footwork at that level. As several people with more knowledge then I have said, JP's footwork is very poor right now.