J.P. Losman and Kenny Stapler

And I said, I don't care if they cut me either, because I told, I told Mularkey that if they move my locker one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Donahoe too, because they've moved my locker four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Kenny Stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

398701[/snapback]

You are a truly sick man with too much time on his hands... :angry::)

Mike

Stabler is in my top 5 of all-time NFL qb's.

398711[/snapback]

I might not put him in my top 5 all-time but he was my favorite non-Bill growing up. The fact he was a lefty like me probably had something to do with it, but I also loved his kickass, take-no-prisoners swagger. It's a shame he's not in the Hall of Fame for whatever reason.

Your mentioning Mark van Eeghen calls to mind an anecdote from Madden's first book, in which a not-too-bright defensive end named Charles Philyaw went to Madden and asked to have his first name AND his last name on the back of his jersey.

"But we don't do that," Madden replied.

"Yes, you do," said Philyaw, pointing. "See? VAN Eeghen."