Rantings of a dissappointed fan

this thread is pathetic.

Man, I am as negative as anyone else (or more), but the funny thing is, is if that last catch had been tipped, not caught, caught out of bounds, intercepted, etc, etc, there would be no mention of a lack of enthusiasm.

I was watching at a bar in south florida, and one drive, the jags were in the red zone (or close to it) and Leftwich obviously couldnt hear a damn thing. He stood up and called a timout. I immediatly thought of the fans i know that were at the game (you all, EZC, and others). Sure, its not 1990-94. But then again, last season we were 6-10, so that is to be expected.

If anything other than the miracle play for Jax had happened, I think all the posts around here would be "wow, the defense looked great!", "bledsoe, only sacked once, and no picks - great", "moorman (and more suprisingly our kick coverage) looked stellar", etc.

Don't get me wrong. After that catch, I had to leave the bar i was at, because i couldnt force myself to be happy or have fun anymore. For being a regular season game, I was thinking it was just as bad as "homerun throwback" or at least close. But come on, its monday, Oakland game is Sunday, and without that one magical catch (and not magical in a good way), this talk would be non existant.

With the level of defensive battle going on (the #6 and #2 defenses in the league) you can't expect 75000 people to stay that loud that long.

So, dooomsday thinking will have to wait for me. I thought it was a good game for the Bills.

this thread is pathetic.

Man, I am as negative as anyone else (or more), but the funny thing is, is if that last catch had been tipped, not caught, caught out of bounds, intercepted, etc, etc, there would be no mention of a lack of enthusiasm.

I was watching at a bar in south florida, and one drive, the jags were in the red zone (or close to it) and Leftwich obviously couldnt hear a damn thing. He stood up and called a timout. I immediatly thought of the fans i know that were at the game (you all, EZC, and others). Sure, its not 1990-94. But then again, last season we were 6-10, so that is to be expected.

If anything other than the miracle play for Jax had happened, I think all the posts around here would be "wow, the defense looked great!", "bledsoe, only sacked once, and no picks - great", "moorman (and more suprisingly our kick coverage) looked stellar", etc. 

Don't get me wrong. After that catch, I had to leave the bar i was at, because i couldnt force myself to be happy or have fun anymore. For being a regular season game, I was thinking it was just as bad as "homerun throwback" or at least close. But come on, its monday, Oakland game is Sunday, and without that one magical catch (and not magical in a good way), this talk would be non existant.

With the level of defensive battle going on (the #6 and #2 defenses in the league) you can't expect 75000 people to stay that loud that long.

So, dooomsday thinking will have to wait for me. I thought it was a good game for the Bills.

28703[/snapback]

Maybe Mark is right then, it's worse in person.

I think you finally hit it on the head.  I found myself watching yesterday and I felt like something was wrong, or something was missing.  I wasn't all hyped up like I usually am.  Right now, I don't have faith like I used to.

28664[/snapback]

I didn't go to the Bill's game, but I took my kids to the Bison's playoff game last night. Even though there were about 1,500 people there, the enthusiasm grew with each run the Bison's scored (the Bison's won 7-0, game 5 playoff series win). Series after series of punts and turnovers do not keep the home fans entertained. If the Bills scored consistently and went for the knockout, there would almost certainly have been more noise....

The Bills should make a PSB about the wave, though....

I wasn't at the game. But we as fans have every right to feel impeding doom when it comes to Bills games. MCM, Jet's OT kickoff return for a touchdown, now this. Any phsychologists out there? :devil: It becomes a self-fullfilling prophocey and I think the crowd enthusiasm is waned by these very real thoughts. The only way we get out of this malaise is for this team to go on a tear, beating some very good teams in the process. Losing like this hurts all Bills fans, but we should all remember the creed of this team. Never ever ever give up.

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you felt a loss of enthusiasm at the game.

I was thrilled from the time I boarded the plane in Dallas on Saturday, through our party at Danny's, the tailgate at Hammers, meeting so many wallers and then the tears that came when I came into my beloved stadium which held so many memories of games through the glory years. My excitement didn't wane until the last 50 seconds of the game when I wanted to put my head under a towel. We could see it coming (right Cablelady?). But just like other games, the memories kept and the thrill of being there will eventually overshadow the disappointment of the loss.

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you felt a loss of enthusiasm at the game. 

I was thrilled from the time I boarded the plane in Dallas on Saturday, through our party at Danny's, the tailgate at Hammers, meeting so many wallers and then the tears that came when I came into my beloved stadium which held so many memories of games through the glory years.  My excitement didn't wane until the last 50 seconds of the game when I wanted to put my head under a towel. We could see it coming (right Cablelady?).  But just like other games, the memories kept and the thrill of being there will eventually overshadow the disappointment of the loss.

30294[/snapback]

Right on! aussiew

;)