Brian billick is the ultimate asehole

what a jerk... Lewis was convicted of trafficing drugs, and he's whining about when he'll show up to camp? Maybe he can also coax oj out of retirement and have the ultimate 4000 yard criminal backfield.

"When he's allowed to show up here, we'll go forward," Billick told the Sun. "I'm not completely 100 percent certain when that is right now. God and the U.S. government only know."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2124263

what a jerk...  Lewis was convicted of trafficing drugs, and he's whining about when he'll show up to camp?  Maybe he can also coax oj out of retirement and have the ultimate 4000 yard criminal backfield.

398251[/snapback]

I'm not sure that's whining, but I'll agree that Billick is not the most gracious of men. He had several times run the score up on the poor B'gals in years past. And in unclassy fashion. :P

Sam Wyche and Jerry Glanville of the old Oilers delighted in running it up on each other - they wouldn't shake hands or even give a nod after the game. :blink:

I'm not sure that's whining, but I'll agree that Billick is not the most gracious of men. He had several times run the score up on the poor B'gals in years past. And in unclassy fashion. :P

Sam Wyche and Jerry Glanville of the old Oilers delighted in running it up on each other - they wouldn't shake hands or even give a nod after the game. :blink:

398257[/snapback]

there's another quote in there that adds to my whining argument... and thanks for reminding me of that redneck jerry glanville. I had almost forgotten about that clown!

there's another quote in there that adds to my whining argument...  and thanks for reminding me of that redneck jerry glanville.  I had almost forgotten about that clown!

398260[/snapback]

I liked Glanville - very quotable. His Oilers clubs were mostly top-notch IMO.

398257[/snapback]

Glanville had a feud w/ Chuck Noll also. I remember Noll referring to Glanville as "Gary Grandview" or something like that.

Glanville had a feud w/ Chuck Noll also.  I remember Noll referring to Glanville as "Gary Grandview" or something like that.

398276[/snapback]

Didn't glanville always buy an extra ticket for elvis to sit in, wherever his teams played??

Why is Billick an ****? He didn't get sentenced to jail ? The guy is trying to win football games and needs his star dealer...err player in camp.

398426[/snapback]

Yeah, it's not like he's a little frustrated with the whole situation ya know... Pro Bowl running back, drug charges, incarceration... Not to mention the struggling young QB...

Didn't glanville always buy an extra ticket for elvis to sit in, wherever his teams played??

398479[/snapback]

Yes, he did. He also started wearing the total black "Johnny Cash" wardrobe.

Glanville was an oddball, but I can't imagine anyone questioning his football acumen. His pro teams played well and hard. His Oilers clubs, and before that, Bum Phillips', were supurb. Houston's problem under Bum was that they had to get past the Steelers, who had the football world's greatest draft luck befall them for a couple of years. Not a slam at PGH - owner Art Rooney and coach Noll saw it and parlayed it into 4 crowns.

I'm always a bit dismayed when Terry Bradshaw isn't included in discussions of the great qb's. He was as tough as Kilmer or Van Brocklin or Nitschke, and had a cannon and also a fine touch.

Remember when Haslett kicked him in the melon? Or when Cleveland's Joe "Turkey" Jones planted him head first into the carpet? :blink:

"I'm going to have to bite my tongue on this one," coach Brian Billick told the Sun. "We'll continue to deal with the process that he has to deal with. It seems to be ever-changing at times. So, we'll deal with it as it comes."

A team spokesman told the Sun that it appears Lewis will come to camp on Monday, "but that could change as well."

"When he's allowed to show up here, we'll go forward," Billick told the Sun. "I'm not completely 100 percent certain when that is right now. God and the U.S. government only know."

what a jerk...  Lewis was convicted of trafficing drugs, and he's whining about when he'll show up to camp?  Maybe he can also coax oj out of retirement and have the ultimate 4000 yard criminal backfield.

398251[/snapback]

So what would you, a non-jerk presumably, have said to the press when they asked you about when Lewis will show up?

there's another quote in there that adds to my whining argument...  and thanks for reminding me of that redneck jerry glanville.  I had almost forgotten about that clown!

398260[/snapback]

LMAO! You think he's the spawn of bro and sis? :)

So what would you, a non-jerk presumably, have said to the press when they asked you about when Lewis will show up?

398961[/snapback]

well, i'm getting chewed up and spit out in this thread, but maybe i'd give a canned answer stating that we support lewis, and understand that he'll get here when he gets here. I wouldn't give a stupid "god and the us government" answer.

Remember when Haslett kicked him in the melon? Or when Cleveland's Joe "Turkey" Jones planted him head first into the carpet? :angry:

398522[/snapback]

I don't remember Haslett's hit (I have read about it), but I remember seeing the tape of Turkey Jones' upheaval of Bradshaw. That was here in Cleveland, so it was the mud, not the carpet. :)

The problem with Bradshaw is he has become such a court jester on Fox NFL Sunday that people forget what a great QB and tough hombre he was. Only he and Montana have won four Super Bowls.

Mike

I don't remember Haslett's hit (I have read about it), but I remember seeing the tape of Turkey Jones' upheaval of Bradshaw.  That was here in Cleveland, so it was the mud, not the carpet.  :doh:

The problem with Bradshaw is he has become such a court jester on Fox NFL Sunday that people forget what a great QB and tough hombre he was.  Only he and Montana have won four Super Bowls.

Mike

399104[/snapback]

IIRC, the Turkey Joe incident was the beginning of the rules to protect the QB. Not sure.