21 '03 OSU starters in Pros

Appearently it was a good team. The number surprised me...

From the Cincinnati Enquirer 08/04/05

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/508040376

" 2003 BUCKEYES BOUNTIFUL IN THE NFL

Of Ohio State's starters in its national title game victory over the Miami Hurricanes in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, 21 are on NFL rosters:

OFFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

SE Michael Jenkins Falcons

LT Rob Sims None (OSU Sr.)

LG Adrien Clarke Eagles

C Alex Stepanovich Cardinals

RG Bryce Bishop None

RT Shane Olivea Chargers

TE Ben Hartsock Colts

FL Chris Gamble Panthers

QB Craig Krenzel Bengals

TB Maurice Clarett Broncos

FB Brandon Joe None

PK Mike Nugent Jets

DEFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

RE Will Smith Saints

DT Tim Anderson Bills

DT Kenny Peterson Packers

LE Darrion Scott Vikings

LB Cie Grant Saints

LB Matt Wilhelm Chargers

LB Rob Reynolds Titans

CB Dustin Fox Vikings

CB Chris Gamble Panthers

FS Donnie Nickey Titans

SS Mike Doss Colts

P Andy Groom Redskins"

I'm not an OSU fan, but I'm willing to give the rioting, car-burning school its' due. :P

Hey now, we only burn mattresses. We tip over cars, burning them would just cross the line. :blink:

OSU:

Players in title game: 53

In the pros: 25

Still in school: 14

Graduated but not in NFL: 14

Miami:

Players in title game: 48

In the pros: 24

Still in school: 9

Graduated but not in NFL: 15

Hey now, we only burn mattresses. We tip over cars, burning them would just cross the line.  :blink:

398259[/snapback]

:P

Good season coming up? I can't recall the name but an OL behemoth signed a letter of intent a few days ago per the Cincy Enquirer n'paper.

OSU has had a bumper crop of talent for quite a few years now. I still can't believe they never won a national title when they had players like Orlando Pace, the late Korey Stringer, Eddie George, Shawn Springs, and Joey Galloway all on the same team @ one time. Damn.

As for this year, the Bucks are looking good for a least a Big 10 title. Iowa and UM are HUGE roadblocks. As for the Rose Bowl, Texas on Sept. 10th will be a HUGE challenge. Yes, the Ohio State fans are very confident in this years team.

Yes, it is too bad that no NC ever came out of those teams. Some blame Cooper, but they just never really seemed to get the breaks they got in 2002.

Sorry R. Rich, I forgot about Penn State. That game is away at night and it will be a real challenge.

While I am a Buckeye fan since birth, I chose to attend the University of Cincinnati.

Obviously the talent levels will vary, but I'm hoping that Mark Dantonio (OSU 2003 defensive coordinator, now UC head coach) can bring some of those stats a little southwest.

While I am a Buckeye fan since birth, I chose to attend the University of Cincinnati.

Obviously the talent levels will vary, but I'm hoping that Mark Dantonio (OSU 2003 defensive coordinator, now UC head coach) can bring some of those stats a little southwest.

398386[/snapback]

So you didn't leave UC, after all?

Sorry R. Rich, I forgot about Penn State.

398341[/snapback]

Good. That's exactly what we want everyone to do. I don't expect them to challenge for a national championship yet, but if their offense can come together w/ the new talent added, they will be a tough team to beat, as the defense is already one of the best in the Big 11 (if not the best).

So you didn't leave UC, after all?

398395[/snapback]

I've been with Dell full time for a year and 1/2, so I haven't finished up yet, but I'm planning on going back to school full time this fall or winter. The great thing about being a salary employee is that i can go to school and still get paid, which is a big problem that I ran into my first 3 years (full time school = no money)

I've been with Dell full time for a year and 1/2, so I haven't finished up yet, but I'm planning on going back to school full time this fall or winter.  The great thing about being a salary employee is that i can go to school and still get paid, which is a big problem that I ran into my first 3 years (full time school = no money)

398441[/snapback]

I see. I scratched for dough all the time in school - more do than not.

But be sure to get your degree - I know you know that's the thing to do.

Appearently it was a good team.  The number surprised me...

From the Cincinnati Enquirer 08/04/05

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/508040376

" 2003 BUCKEYES BOUNTIFUL IN THE NFL

Of Ohio State's starters in its national title game victory over the Miami Hurricanes in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, 21 are on NFL rosters:

OFFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

SE Michael Jenkins Falcons

LT Rob Sims None (OSU Sr.)

LG Adrien Clarke Eagles

C Alex Stepanovich Cardinals

RG Bryce Bishop None

RT Shane Olivea Chargers

TE Ben Hartsock Colts

FL Chris Gamble Panthers

QB Craig Krenzel Bengals

TB Maurice Clarett Broncos

FB Brandon Joe None

PK Mike Nugent Jets

DEFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

RE Will Smith Saints

DT Tim Anderson Bills

DT Kenny Peterson Packers

LE Darrion Scott Vikings

LB Cie Grant Saints

LB Matt Wilhelm Chargers

LB Rob Reynolds Titans

CB Dustin Fox Vikings

CB Chris Gamble Panthers

FS Donnie Nickey Titans

SS Mike Doss Colts

P Andy Groom Redskins"

398100[/snapback]

Man, you know what I like to hear. :blink:

Mike

Good for the digestion, eh? :angry:

398593[/snapback]

Can't think of a team that annoys me more than OSU. When you look at their over all record vs Blue and all the times we won in the 90's hard to figure out why OSU fans are so confident :)

Can't think of a team that annoys me more than OSU. When you look at their over all record vs Blue and all the times we won in the 90's hard to figure out why OSU fans are so confident  :)

398902[/snapback]

Because John Cooper isn't the coach anymore and Tressel's 3-1 against That Team Up North. :angry:

Mike