So, who here has NFL Network and is going to

nodnarb

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd invite you...but I've got to go out and watch the Nationals dig themselves into an even deeper hole, if they're not rained out.  :lol:  With my luck, they will get rained out, and I'll get home just in time to turn on the TV and catch the teams going into the locker rooms...

397860[/snapback]

A true football friend would leave the key under the mat and open his home to a Bills brother. They would also have the guest's beer of choice on ice. If stojan is the invited guest substitute beef jerky for beer.

I sent a note to Time Warner last week. They have plans to carry the NFL network, and said they were in negotiations right now. The question is if we have to pay extra for it or not.

Given how much I pay that company a month, I don't think it would hurt them to slip in the NFL network. Sheesh.

You can come watch it at my place if you don't mind a 5 hour drive.

398018[/snapback]

Or you can come watch it at my house if you don't mind a 5 hour flight. Plus, the game is on at 5 p.m. here so we throw open the french doors, sit out on the patio, roll the kegerator next to the table, throw some steaks on the grill and watch it on my 60" Hitachi.

Well, that's what I'm doing anyway. Hop a plane and I'll pick you up at the airport.

Or you can come watch it at my house if you don't mind a 5 hour flight. Plus, the game is on at 5 p.m. here so we throw open the french doors, sit out on the patio, roll the kegerator next to the table, throw some steaks on the grill and watch it on my 60" Hitachi.

Well, that's what I'm doing anyway. Hop a plane and I'll pick you up at the airport.

398131[/snapback]

I'm there!

Lucky bastard. >:lol:

Apparently I've had a blond moment, but I didn't even know the scrimmage would be on the NFL NETWORK.  What day, What channel and what time is it on?

398294[/snapback]

What day? Friday..

What channel? NFL Network (sheesh, we answered that already!) It's DirecTV channel 212.

What time? 7pm CST (I think). It's replayed several times after that as well.

CW

I'm in LeRoy but if the DirectTV people don't get here today or tomorrow and hook me up I'm in the same boat you are.

398403[/snapback]

You could always hook it up yourself. It's not really rocket science, as long as you're not afraid of getting on the roof.

CW

You could always hook it up yourself.  It's not really rocket science, as long as you're not afraid of getting on the roof.

CW

398406[/snapback]

This is my first try at DirectTV. Only ever had cable before. I moved from Byron and somehow found a spot even farther out in the boonies where they don't have cable. They need to put the dish up and run the cable. I could do both but I don't know if I have enough cable to reach from where I want to put the dish to my house. I also don't quite understand the need to have the boxes hooked up to the phone line. If I don't hear from them tonite I might just have to try it anyways.

This is my first try at DirectTV.  Only ever had cable before.  I moved from Byron and somehow found a spot even farther out in the boonies where they don't have cable.  They need to put the dish up and run the cable.  I could do both but I don't know if I have enough cable to reach from where I want to put the dish to my house.  I also don't quite understand the need to have the boxes hooked up to the phone line.  If I don't hear from them tonite I might just have to try it anyways.

398415[/snapback]

I bet if the installer doesn't show up, you could call DirecTV (ask for customer retention) and tell them that you really want it installed and are thinkiing about doing it yourself but want DirecTV to give you some credits if you do so. They'd probably be willing.

The phone line is needed for PayPerView, and also to activate the receiver for the first time. Other than that, it's not needed (although if you have a TiVo - and if you don't, you should -- you'll get a nag screen every day if it doesn't make a call for 30 days in a row... It doesn't affect functionality, it's just really annoying).

CW

18 hours or so to get to me in Florida. But you'll get cheers from Ramius and Jeers from me, so it's like real family!

398143[/snapback]

Exactly, come down here...i can promise good looking FSU girls, a dolpfins fan to make fun of at will, and a rat posing as a dog to beat when you get angry at the scrimmage...all i ask is you bring some canadian beer!

Hell, this goes for anyone on the board as well...

I bet if the installer doesn't show up, you could call DirecTV (ask for customer retention) and tell them that you really want it installed and are thinkiing about doing it yourself but want DirecTV to give you some credits if you do so.  They'd probably be willing.

The phone line is needed for PayPerView, and also to activate the receiver for the first time.  Other than that, it's not needed (although if you have a TiVo - and if you don't, you should -- you'll get a nag screen every day if it doesn't make a call for 30 days in a row...  It doesn't affect functionality, it's just really annoying).

CW

398437[/snapback]

I have two DVRs through DirectTV that I hope will get the job done. I thought that might be why I needed to use the phoneline.

Nodnarb, sorry to hijack your thread for this but if I get this hooked up you are more than welcome to come out if you can find the place.

I have two DVRs through DirectTV that I hope will get the job done.  I thought that might be why I needed to use the phoneline. 

Nodnarb, sorry to hijack your thread for this but if I get this hooked up you are more than welcome to come out if you can find the place.

398461[/snapback]

More hijacking, be careful on the phone line bit. They will also ping your reciever every once in a while to make sure the box is where you say it is. About 6 yrs ago, had one reciever not hooked to the phone line, 1.00pm on a Sunday came round, no Bills!!!Arghh. Call to D*, hook the reciever up to the phone line, voila, Football back on. They do this as they want to make sure I do not buy the receiver and activate the reciever in DC, then move it to Buffal to get blacked out games.

Do not know if they actively enforce this now, but i keep all three of my boxes hooked up to phone lines now

I freaking sick of Time Warners sh--....

Maybe we will have other choices. I would switch to dish but then i have these woods in back of my house with huge trees.

Anyone here about this ?

http://news.com.com/Verizons+salvo+on+cabl..._3-5677274.html

398574[/snapback]

Just because there's trees, doesn't mean you can't get DirecTV. Most of the time, trees aren't a problem. Ask Nervous Guy; I argued with him for a LONG time when an installer told him he couldn't get it because of trees. He got a better installer out and has been living with DTV ever since.

CW

See, I'm stuck with Time Warner cable, the Sans NFL Network cable company.

I have to see this scrimmage or I'm going to pace around the house cursing Ted Turner and his family. I'll be throwing punches at an unseen foe.

I don't smoke (anymore), don't stink (generally), won't complain about my beer options, won't steal that heirloom off your mantel, won't covet your wife, and won't eat too much. I'll pet your dog, cheer at all the right moments, and get all Archie Bunker on the Packers.

References available upon request

397807[/snapback]

My sister here in Syracuse has NFL network and she is single. Me, I'm going to my parents place in Chittenango where they have NFL Network and HD and a huge LCD screen. Don't get me wrong, I like my sister but...

My sister here in Syracuse has NFL network and she is single.  Me, I'm going to my parents place in Chittenango where they have NFL Network and HD and a huge LCD screen.  Don't get me wrong, I like my sister but...

398646[/snapback]

Eh, wasted trip for a srimmage not in HD