This is getting beyond old

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were from the 3rd Battalion out of Brook Park, Ohio. About 20 minutes south of me.

This was the same unit that lost six earlier in the week, so they have lost TWENTY Marines this week.

God Bless and Semper Fi. We will remember and support our troops.

Mike

Wish I had the answer to when it will all end.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...8-03-iraq_x.htm

397459[/snapback]

What the military needs is a converted tank with a boom for carrying low-power ground penetrating radar and sweep all roadways the troop carriers use. We'll probably have something in three years but we need it now. The only thing the s**theads are any good at is setting bombs.

Or, possible an air surveillance equipped with similar radar could do the job.

What the military needs is a converted tank with a boom for carrying low-power ground penetrating radar and sweep all roadways the troop carriers use.  We'll probably have something in three years but we need it now.  The only thing the s**theads are any good at is setting bombs.

397524[/snapback]

Yeah- live ones glued to thier body. I just want to turn CNN on one day and hear it's all over.

well my brother was telling me about howard stern solution, i dont know if anyone actually heard it but something along the lines for Bush to come out and say the war was a big mistake, we are pulling our troops out and you have 1 hour to hand over osama or were dropping the nuke..you'd have osama in 15 minutes

Perspective is necessary in analyzing the true impact of our necessary battle to answer the actions of radical Islam.

Yesterday in the United States nearly 100 people were killed in automobile accidents. The same number will be killed today and that will happen every single day of this year. Do we find time for a cumulative mourning for these dead citizens who have died for no good purpose, in the name of nothing? Or do we accept this risk of turning that key for the convenience of the mobility offered- knowing that the danger can be mortal?

At the same time do we risk allowing a movement which has proven itself to want one thing above all else- the imposition of Sharia Law upon first its own region and then the world- to spare some of the bravest and best among us who have chosen to fight this battle for us? Do we accept that our enemy has determined that we will tire so easily by their persistence that we will stand aside and allow their threat to spread throughout the world? Or do we stand for the freedom of women and that of our own safety, do we support our brave soldiers and their families as best we can? Do we force ourselves to show the same faith and hope that our soldiers must rely on every day to face their mission? Do we stand as proud, courageous Americans or do we become some historical joke like the cowardly French who without our American courage would today speak another language?

The answer should be easy- unfortunately for the most gutless and cowardly among us it is not. Those who obstruct the mission of our soldiers by harming the recruitment of the best we can attract are the worst of all Americans. They stand behind the lie that "we support the troops but...". There is no "but"- the simple fact is that the only way you can support our troops is to allow the most effective recruitment of our youth to give those who choose to fight the best possible members fighting at their sides. Anything that obstructs recruitment leaves our bravest at a disadvantage, and theree's no patriotism in hurting those most of us honor.

well my brother was telling me about howard stern solution, i dont know if anyone actually heard it but something along the lines for Bush to come out and say the war was a big mistake, we are pulling our troops out and you have 1 hour to hand over osama or were dropping the nuke..you'd have osama in 15 minutes

397536[/snapback]

This is brain dead. Where do you drop the nuke? Plus, at this point the resistance to the U.S. has nothing to do with Osama, and killing or capturing him would make little difference. All this tough guy rhetoric is idiotic.

I don't know the answer, and this no help to the current mess, but we should never have gone into Iraq in the first place; It had nothing to do with 9/11 and anyone paying attention knew there were no WMD to be found. Many of us knew we were being lied to by the Bush administration and said so at the time.

I'm sorry our soldiers have to be killed for the policy mistakes of a bunch of neocons with grandiose dreams of American hegemony. The men who started this war have been proven wrong repeatedly, about almost everything they said. Don't kid yourselves that the sacrifice of the men and women serving in Iraq is necessary for your freedom.

This whole thing probably ought to go to the politics board.

Perspective is necessary in analyzing the true impact of our necessary battle to answer the actions of radical Islam.

Yesterday in the United States nearly 100 people were killed in automobile accidents. The same number will be killed today and that will happen every single day of this year. Do we find time for a cumulative mourning for these dead citizens who have died for no good purpose, in the name of nothing? Or do we accpet this as the risk of turning that key and the convenience of the mobility offered by the danger?

397575[/snapback]

Although I understand what you are trying to say, the first part of your "perspective" limps. People who die in the normal course of their lives, or in accidents cannot be compared to people who are put in harms way to achieve strategic goals, and are shot at with malice and forethought in the course of a war.

I think you are trying to say that death is common and we should not think that this price is too high. Well the price is pretty damn high no matter where you stand on why we are there and how we get out.

If my neice or godson got killed in Iraq, it would give me very little comfort to know that somebody got hit by a truck in Lackawana. I know you are making a "big picture" point, but I think you can do better than auto accidents.

I'm sorry our soldiers have to be killed  for the policy mistakes of a bunch of neocons with grandiose dreams of American hegemony. The men who started this war have been proven wrong repeatedly, about almost everything they said.  Don't kid yourselves that the  sacrifice of the men and women serving in Iraq is necessary for your freedom.

You work on PA Lt Gov Knoll's staff by any chance?

397536[/snapback]

Nuking the middle east would turn the world against us. Keep in mind that we are at war with Islamic extremist, not the middle east. There is no quick fix when it comes to issues like this.

This is brain dead.  Where do you drop the nuke?  Plus, at this point the resistance to the U.S. has nothing to do with Osama, and killing or capturing him would make little difference.  All this tough guy rhetoric is idiotic.

I don't know the answer, and this no help to the current mess, but we should never have gone into Iraq in the first place; It had nothing to do with 9/11 and anyone paying attention knew there were no WMD to be found.  Many of us knew we were being lied to by the Bush administration and said so at the time.

I'm sorry our soldiers have to be killed  for the policy mistakes of a bunch of neocons with grandiose dreams of American hegemony. The men who started this war have been proven wrong repeatedly, about almost everything they said.  Don't kid yourselves that the  sacrifice of the men and women serving in Iraq is necessary for your freedom.

397586[/snapback]

"I have no answer for the current mess we are in but the way they are doing it is wrong"

"there were no WMD's.....I knew they weren't there REGARDLESS of the fact that our weapons team was either being given the guided tour or told to go pound sand several times"

Listen to yourself

Although I understand what you are trying to say, the first part of your "perspective" limps.  People who die in the normal course of their lives, or in accidents cannot be compared to people who are put in harms way to achieve strategic goals, and are shot at with malice and forethought in the course of a war.

I think you are trying to say that death is common and we should not think that this price is too high. Well the price is pretty damn high no matter where you stand on why we are there and how we get out.

If my neice or godson got killed in Iraq, it would give me very little comfort to know that somebody got hit by a truck in Lackawana. I know you are making a "big picture" point, but I think you can do better than auto accidents.

397606[/snapback]

Ignoring perspective is a leading cause of ignorance.

35 Americans wil be murdered today. 2000 Americans will die of a heart attack today, another 1800 from cancer and 2500 more from other health issues. Even on a terrible day in our battle against a global enemy, less than 2 tenths of one percent of American deaths that day were caused by that action. I'd invite you to name a more critical measure by which to assess the cost in American lives of our defending ourselves- the premise of my post was "perspective" and to ignore total American deaths seems to me to offer zero chance at achieving any level of perspective on the issue raised by the original poster. Raising the naked number without perspective would be like 12 Tongans killed in a war without considering that only 15 Tongans die any the average day.

Of course it's awful to lose lives in the action- as it was in many past actions. But America has survived hugely debilitating actions like the Civil War and we are a better and stranger country as a result. Sacrifice is Patriotic and essential to the protection of our society.

397536[/snapback]

Howard Stern: Your Foreign Policy Man-About-Town.

I'll repeat it again until the dims get it. We lose about 1000 soldiers a year IN PEACETIME due to illness, accidents, etc. We are in a world war with Islamofascism.

we should never have gone into Iraq in the first place; It had nothing to do with 9/11 and anyone paying attention knew there were no WMD to be found.  Many of us knew we were being lied to by the Bush administration and said so at the time.

397586[/snapback]

Like the fence-sitting Muslim who is partly responsible for the rise of radical Islam, so is the Westerner who either ignores it or worse yet insists it's no real threat to us. Refusing to recognize that the battle our enemy had hoped to wage on our shores has been moved to his area of the world is hardly different than the Muslim who sits in his Mosque listening to the radicals and does nothing to discourage his own children's participation.

397586[/snapback]

First of all, God Bless our fallen brothers and sisters. May their families be comforted that they gave their lives for something larger than themselves. I pray that they did not die in vain, that we will accomplish what we set out to do.

Dr. K- As an active duty Marine, I firmly believe that this struggle is neccessary for the preservation of our freedom. We must not be deterred, we must not fail or the long term ramifications could be fatal to our nation. I could be a retired Marine right now, but believe in what we're doing. Know that there are some fine young men and women keeping our nation safe. To continue this mission, we must continue to recruit the best our nation has to offer.

As far as the President, I believe he acted based upon the intellegence he had available at the time.

But this argument is not for today. Let us mourn those who gave all for what they believed in.

First of all, God Bless our fallen brothers and sisters. May their families be comforted that they gave their lives for something larger than themselves. I pray that they did not die in vain, that we will accomplish what we set out to do.

Dr. K- As an active duty Marine, I firmly believe that this struggle is neccessary for the preservation of our freedom. We must not be deterred, we must not fail or the long term  ramifications could be fatal to our nation. I could be a retired Marine right now, but believe in what we're doing. Know that there are some fine young men and women keeping our nation safe. To continue this mission, we must continue to recruit the best our nation has to offer.

As far as the President, I believe he acted based upon the intellegence he had available at the time.

But this argument is not for today. Let us mourn those who gave all for what they believed in.

397633[/snapback]

We will persevere because luckily many of us do recognize that this monster that is Wahabi radicalism is NOT what the pacifists believe it is- some type of rational reaction to our "intruding" on their land. In fact, anyone with even a limited set of live brain cells should be able to recognize why the Wahabis have been insistent on getting American Troops out of the Middle East- they are right now backed up after losing Afghanistan as their little Sharia experiment and they are desperate to take over Saudi Arabi, the place which except for oil revenues and royal palaces they rule over already. The terrorists knows the stakes in Iraq- it's the Super Bowl for them; they lose Iraq and a Democracy evolves in one of the most strategic and wealthy countries in the Middle East and their game is over. It's only American pacifists, the same group (Dem Pols like Kennedys and the Liberal Media like Hearst and celebs like Lindburgh) who told us Hitler wasn't such a bad guy if we would all just leave him alone. They're all out here again telling us "Iraq has nothing to do with blah blah blah". And once again we'll suffer them as our fellow citizens, as wrong as they are- once again.

And how about poor Abe Linccoln- can you imagine today's crybabies during the Civil War-

YOU LIED ABOUT WHY WE WENT TO WAR

WE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE OVER SLAVES

WE WANT OUR MOMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll repeat it again until the dims get it. We lose about 1000 soldiers a year  IN PEACETIME due to illness, accidents, etc. We are in a world war with Islamofascism.

Show me proof of this........ I'm dim.

War will end by next election. :lol: