Seymour got a new contract

ch19079

Actually, you are.  You dismiss the loss of Law, Bruschi, and Johnson and potential holdout of Seymour by saying the Pats have the depth to cover it.  You also point out that they won in the playoffs without Law and Seymour.

Indeed. All facts.

But now that the Pats cave and sign Seymour to a weird contract, you say that depth DOESN'T equal winning.

Depth often leads to winning, but it doesn't equal winning.

Your posts up until know indicate that you expected the Pats to stare down Seymour just like the Eagles did to T.O.  But now that they haven't, you say, they can't win without him.

I never "expected" anything. This move tells me that the Pats want Seymour in camp, but aren't quite ready to extend his contract at the money he wants, and that they're preparing themselves for the years ahead by locking up Green. Nothing more.

Flip-flop goes the troll.  :D

Again, I really don't see what you aim to accomplish through namecalling.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same reason people talk about Roman Phifer, who is 37 and loast his job last year to a one-dimensional run stuffer, as if he's a big loss - some people will do almost anything to convince themselves that the Pats were ravaged this offseason, even though that's not the case at all.

396281[/snapback]

Funny. I find it odd that Pats fans try to rationalize that they WEREN'T ravaged this offseason, which IS the case.

It IS the case that the Pats WEREN'T ravaged?

396367[/snapback]

Oh Man! Even a JETS fan with the intellect of a child could read that sentence and make sense out of it, which is obviously not the case here.

I find it odd that Pats fans try to rationalize that they WEREN'T ravaged this offseason, which IS the case.

you try to rationalize that you werent ravages, but in fact you were ravaged. Do I need to draw a map for you?

Oh Man! Even a JETS fan with the intellect of a child could read that sentence and make sense out of it, which is obviously not the case here.

you try to rationalize that you werent ravages, but in fact you were ravaged. Do I need to draw a map for you?

396372[/snapback]

Perhaps the patsie troll likes being ravaged...not that theres anything wrong with that...

I would like to take this opportunity to point out, apropos of virtually nothing, that I just got back from a week on the Cape and I did not see a SINGLE shred of Pats paraphernalia all week. We go there every year and I usually see tons, especially in the last few years. This year nothing. But I saw a hell of a lot more Red Sox caps and shirts than I've ever seen.

To what would you ascribe this phenomenon?

It IS the case that the Pats WEREN'T ravaged?

396367[/snapback]

396372[/snapback]

You guys are gonna make out soon? Let me know when you do so I can log off.

You guys are gonna make out soon? Let me know when you do so I can log off.

396388[/snapback]

:D:D:lol:

A fins fan and a patsie troll fighting on a BILLS message board...whats wrong with this picture?

I would like to take this opportunity to point out, apropos of virtually nothing, that I just got back from a week on the Cape and I did not see a SINGLE shred of Pats paraphernalia all week.  We go there every year and I usually see tons, especially in the last few years.  This year nothing.  But I saw a hell of a lot more Red Sox caps and shirts than I've ever seen.

To what would you ascribe this phenomenon?

My guess would be that people who live in that are like the Red Sox, and wear Red Sox stuff during the baseball season.

But then again, I live in NY and root for the Yanks, so don't take my word for it.

Perhaps the patsie troll likes being ravaged...not that theres anything wrong with that...

396377[/snapback]

Reminds me of a song I heard about the Flyers...

They're from the city of brothery love

Who enjoy the close contact when push comes to shove

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But if you're in the corner fighting for the puck

You best be careful where the stick gets stuck

And if they try to backcheck be sure to duck

My guess would be that people who live in that are like the Red Sox, and wear Red Sox stuff during the baseball season.

But then again, I live in NY and root for the Yanks, so don't take my word for it.

396399[/snapback]

Nah that ain't it. As I said, I saw plenty of Pats stuff in previous years. Now, nothing.

My guess is that most of the people who wore Pats garb in previous years were just frontrunners. Now they're frontrunning with the Sox instead.

Indeed.  All facts.

Depth often leads to winning, but it doesn't equal winning.

I never "expected" anything.  This move tells me that the Pats want Seymour in camp, but aren't quite ready to extend his contract at the money he wants, and that they're preparing themselves for the years ahead by locking up Green.  Nothing more.

396355[/snapback]

Why would the Pats need Seymour in camp right now, when, in your own words:

Against probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league last year, there was no drop-off whatsoever from Seymour to Green, at least from what I could see.

Seymour's a great player, no doubt, and I wish he was out there. But Green's played extremely well in his place, and has proved he's a good starter.

Why not just wait him out with the Green, who's "proved he's a good starter?" Why spend the extra cash just to get Seymour into camp. What kind of precident does this set on a successful team with young talent?

How is this good move by Belichick?

Again, I really don't see what you aim to accomplish through namecalling.

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing that you're trying to accomplish with your screen name and avatar. You trolls really don't get irony, do you?

Nah that ain't it.  As I said, I saw plenty of Pats stuff in previous years.  Now, nothing.

My guess is that most of the people who wore Pats garb in previous years were just frontrunners.  Now they're frontrunning with the Sox instead.

Could be. All successful teams have their fair shares of frontrunners.

Could be.  All successful teams have their fair shares of frontrunners.

396413[/snapback]

I did find it interesting how fast Boston folks dumped the Pats as soon as the Red Sox won, though.

Why would the Pats need Seymour in camp right now, when, in your own words:

Why not just wait him out with the Green, who's "proved he's a good starter?"

Dunno. I've learned not to question Belichick.

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing that you're trying to accomplish with your screen name and avatar.  You trolls really don't get irony, do you?

I've been over this a million times. The screen name is the result of an in-joke with one of your members who posts at my Pats board. My avatar was a harmless Pats-related photo before a Bills fan on this board PMed me and requested a new Donahoe-themed avatar.