Lets all give Jimbo some love!

Had to vote Steve Young on that list, as he was a guy who could literally do it all. Pick you apart with his arm, or beat you with his legs. Smart, Efficent, speed, good arm and oh yeah had the signle greatest superbowl performance of all time. Youngs not nearly getting enough respect on that poll. Nothing against Jimbo, but I'd take young over him by a mile.

Young was great, when surrounded by greatness. Jimbo gave the Bills hope when he arrived in Buffalo in '86. They went 4-12, but were in nearly every game. Young couldn't help the Bucs, not that anyone else could at the time.

I'd probably take Montana. The guy could will his team to win.

Young was great, when surrounded by greatness.  Jimbo gave the Bills hope when he arrived in Buffalo in '86.  They went 4-12, but were in nearly every game.  Young couldn't help the Bucs, not that anyone else could at the time.

I'd probably take Montana.  The guy could will his team to win.

396030[/snapback]

Except on the road in cold weather. Montana would have been a disaster playingin Buffalo, yet just about any QB on that list would have won in SF.

I voted for Elway. He has the 2 rings, has many 4th quarter comebacks and could run when he needed to. I know he didn't get the rings untill Terrell Davis came along.

396049[/snapback]

Honestly, I don't even think it's close. Montana, Young, and Kelly played with Hall of Fame talent. Elway had rbs like Sammy Winder and wrs like Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson. And he took that team to Super Bowls. He literally carried those teams. He had a rocket arm and was a great scrambler. In my eyes, he is the best qb of my lifetime. And as much respect have for Kelly, one could argue his talent was almost as good as the 49ers. However in terms of toughness, he is tops. Just my opinion. :D

Young was great, when surrounded by greatness.  Jimbo gave the Bills hope when he arrived in Buffalo in '86.  They went 4-12, but were in nearly every game.  Young couldn't help the Bucs, not that anyone else could at the time.

396030[/snapback]

Even though he was a first ballot HOF'er, I still think Steve Young is woefully underrated by average NFL fans, just as Kelly is. I voted Kelly, but truthfully, I had to think about it a bit. I think they were both tremendous QB's, there is no telling how much damage Young may have done in the NFL, if he hadn't been saddled with a horrible franchise in Tampa Bay, and then playing second string to a legend. Unlike Monatana, I think he could have succeeded anywhere, in any system, in his prime. To hold his Buc years against him isn't really fair.

When Jimbo came to Buffalo, the Bills had already assembled some better than average talent, and Bill Polian had somehow, seemingly, had been sucessful in giving Ralph Wilson an "atittude adjustment". Kelly was an early piece to the puzzle, but they kept adding on. Young really didn't have that luxury in Tampa Bay, which was as inept a franchise as there was at the time, this side of the New Orleans Saints...

Anyway, you couldn't do to badly with any of those guys at the helm...

Don't get me wrong, I love Kelly, but from that list, I think I'd have to take a guy with at least one ring.  I voted Montana.

395941[/snapback]

Apparently at least 23% of the voters disagree with you, for they selected Dan Marino.

If I were making a list of quarterbacks I'd want to play one game for me -- and I could pick anyone from any era -- Marino wouldn't make my top 20.

Kelly sure as hell would.