Minicamp report

ans4e64

A bunch of different things i saw today, in terms of the team itself i was impressed by how quickly everybody was moving in and out and knew exactly where the were supposed to be for only the 2nd day of camp

QB: Losman definitely has the tools everyone is talking about, but he is so eratic, he threw 2 balls so far off the mark the receivers didnt even go for them, and then the next play threw a ball across field for about 50 yards diagonally to evans with amazing touch. Personally i think kevin thompson should make the team as the #3 because he's young, big, and has an arm, and it doesnt make sense to me to have shane matthews doing nothing and not improving for an entire season. If it gets down to #3 I'd rather see this kid making strides than someone who is going to retire at the end of the year. It was interesting though i read from BillsGuyInMalta's report about woodbury returning kicks, i didnt see that but if it was him, they are definitely looking for someone other than matthews at #3

other news:

-the play you will hear about josh reed cathing a slant up the middle and taking it to the house would never have happened, troy vincent would have taken his head off if they were in pads, he let up and let him catch the ball

-jonathan smith looks absolutely horrible, he had to repeat the receiver drills because he kept dropping balls, the rest he did catch were bobbled, tony brown is huge

Im making a prediction right now........ Josh Stamer starts over Jeff Posey on opening day, the kid is an animal

Wow, that's the second account like that of Stamer.  What the hell is he doing out there?

395507[/snapback]

he's just all over the place, every time theres a pass broken up, a fumble recovery, a great hit, its always stamer, plus the fact the posey is solid and doesnt really give us anything more than that

yes mike williams went through all the drills today, i know they said he had a great offseason, but when a guy comes in the first day and starts pulling muscles it usually means he's out of shape, hamstrings are the key, but he looked fine

it will be interesting to see how many RB's we hold on to, i was actually thinking today that rashard lee might be cut. Shaud williams and lionel gates got most of the backup carries, and im almost certain that burns will be on the team, i know hes not that good but it seemed like he was a part of almost every package out there. The main reason is that he's versitle, he can carry the ball, play fullback if shelton goes down, and today he was returning kicks a little, and although he didnt think he was great at it, bobby april was praising him loud and clear all day

he's just all over the place, every time theres a pass broken up, a fumble recovery, a great hit, its always stamer, plus the fact the posey is solid and doesnt really give us anything more than that

yes mike williams went through all the drills today, i know they said he had a great offseason, but when a guy comes in the first day and starts pulling muscles it usually means he's out of shape, hamstrings are the key, but he looked fine

Someone else wrote a report from the first practice that Big Mike was running windsprints. Perhaps that's why he tweaked a hamstring.

I watched Stamer on every single kickoff last year. Two words- wedge buster.

That lunatic would take a 60 yard sprint and go headfirst into four guys. Absolutely fantastic. I almost hope he doesn't start just so I can see that again.

Someone else wrote a report from the first practice that Big Mike was running windsprints. Perhaps that's why he tweaked a hamstring.

I watched Stamer on every single kickoff last year. Two words- wedge buster.

That lunatic would take a 60 yard sprint and go headfirst into four guys. Absolutely fantastic. I almost hope he doesn't start just so I can see that again.

395567[/snapback]

oh i hope he was doing sprints and tweaked it, i thought it was in the middle of practice, i knew something didnt make sense because they were saying how much weight he lost, even though i didnt see a difference, as far as stamer goes, thats hilarious, maybe liam ezekial can be the crazy wedge buster this year, i mean come on..... the guy bites himself before games, and lindell..... you better watch out if you miss another field goal liam's a commin, maybe thats why we signed him? haha