willis mcgahee's speed

From these camp reports that i've been reading, it appears that willis has his burst back. I really can't friggin wait to see what he's made of this season. I'm beginning to get the impression that 10 years from now, we'll all be thanking our lucky stars that he fell to #23, and we'll also be fondly remembering the Great Trade that sent peerless price to atlanta for their pick. I may be getting ahead of myself, but i have a big reason to hope for the spectacular this year. As always, keep the camp reports coming, especially on the play of willis mcgahee.

Willis does indeed look much faster than he did last year. Although it is just practice so its hard to judge, but that hesitation we saw last year when he was waiting to go downfield did not exist in any of the practices I saw. He just took the handoff and was off in a flash.

Willis does indeed look much faster than he did last year.  Although it is just practice so its hard to judge, but that hesitation we saw last year when he was waiting to go downfield did not exist in any of the practices I saw.  He just took the handoff and was off in a flash.

395483[/snapback]

i guess we'll all know more on friday night!

Willis does indeed look much faster than he did last year.  Although it is just practice so its hard to judge, but that hesitation we saw last year when he was waiting to go downfield did not exist in any of the practices I saw.  He just took the handoff and was off in a flash.

395483[/snapback]

Sort of makes you long for the days of T Henry taking the handoff and tripping over a lineman's leg.

I just saw some footage of Willis during his sophomore year at UM. I forgot how electric the dude was. His runs were more his speed than just him being a bull. That year off allowed him to get even more diesel, and he was a truck last year. Now if he has that burst back, combined with his thickness, we are talking thoroughbred.

Personally, I cannot wait for the opener, when he drops his first stiff arm of the year. I love when he puts those arm-tackling little CB's on their backs.

I love his speed, but after watching the 2004 highlights from NFL network, the thing I love about Willis the most is when he lays the stiff arm on some corner and totally lays the guy out. Especially the one during the Dolphons game. I can't remember the last time I saw a back throw so many dudes down with one arm while running full speed.