Interviews with MM and JP up on bb.com

JoeF

If you recall JP stopped a reporter yesterday when the reporter asked if JP felt like it was "his team".

JP said that he had never characterized it as his team and if he did, he was mistaken.

The reporter asked today why he would never charachterize it as "his team".

JP's answer....."No player on this team is any more important than any other player. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, we all work hard--running, lifting, etc. We all contribute. To call it my team would mean I am putting myself above everyone and I am not." (paraphrase)

Interesting........wonder if there was some bad feeling in the locker room when Drew said this last year. Wonder if there was more bad feeling when Drew didn't follow the coaches advice on the coin toss before the Steelers game last year....

I really doubt it if DB was hated if he said that.  I remember when Jimbo said the Bills were his team and so did Thurman in the 90's.

394763[/snapback]

It was Kelly's team though....Fast forward to the last couple of years and this D has worked its ass off---being rated at the top of the league and the O didn't deliver in many. many situations (notice how I did not say Drew--I said the O) and then the leader of the O says its his team......that's what I was thinking.

I think JP is saying this because he is the 1st year starter and knows that he has to build a track record of success before talking about his team leadership role publicly..but I still wonder if Drew's comments rubbed some leaders of the D the wrong way and that was a factor in the adios Drew decision or at least made it easier to bid him a fond farewell...

I wouldn't read too much into this. JP might have said that for a bunch of reasons:

--maybe he honestly spoke his feelings

--maybe he and/or the rest of the team resented drew bledsoe and his comments about "his" team last year

--maybe he was coached into not saying stuff like that

joe, i think you hit it on the head with the comment on the defense. This is takeo spikes' team. This is nate clements' team. This most certainly is not trey teague's team, damian shelton's team, or jp losman's team. (eric moulds being the exception--see beige jacket comments later)

as for jim kelly's team?? The bills of 1986-1997 were jim kelly's team. Period. End of Story. Next sunday, jp losman, drew bledsoe, and everyone else since jim kelly will be practicing (except for RJ). Jim kelly will be attending a special event, wearing his beige jacket. They don't give those things out to guys who don't take control of their teams. JP losman can call the bills his team when it is his team.

Did anyone watch channel 7 news in Buffalo last night.

JP was signing autographs and said to the camera dryly with a twinkle in his eye:

"It is 2:30 AM and I'm still signing autographs."

It ran on the 11 o'clock news, and he said it earlier in the

day. Good to see the kid relaxed enough to joke around.