Mike Williams - hamstring or back?

I see conflicting reports on Mike Williams.

Most including Buffalo Bills Site say that he sat out of evening practice due to a tweaked hamstring:

Stepping In: With Mike Williams nursing an injury second-year lineman Dylan McFarland stepped in and worked with the first team at right tackle during the evening practice. McFarland was the first of Buffalo's two seventh round selections in the 2004 Draft. The Montana native saw action in two games as a backup tackle last season.

This possibly occured on extra drills.

WGR says Mike Williams had a minor back injury. WGR appears to be quoting Mularkey : WGR

The only other Bills injury happened during practice Saturday. The Bills right tackle Mike Williams was taken off the field with a back injury. Coach Mularkey says that Williams tweaked his back and that the injury is not serious. Williams was temporarily replaced by # 79 Dylan McFarland.

Hamstring, back or both?

I see conflicting reports on Mike Williams. Most say that he sat out of evening practice due to a tweaked hamstring possibly on extra drills.  WGR says Mike Williams had a minor back injury.  WGR appears to be quoting Mularkey : WGR

Hamstring, back or both?

394404[/snapback]

During my coaching experience , All fat boy`s big or little alway`s come up with something when running ...I even had a 12 year old try to fake a heart attack after I made him run some ... this was after I found him hiding in the weed`s to get out of sprint`s....I`d say ,nothing to worry about BIG MIKE ..fat boy`s just don`t like to run

:D

I hope he's alright. From the sounds of it, he had an amazing morning practice and it'd stink if he ended up injured in the first practice. However, it doesn't sound like it's severe or anything (especially with conflicting reports) so I'm praying I see him out there today.

During my coaching  experience , All fat boy`s  big or little alway`s come up with something when running ...I even had a 12 year old try to fake a heart attack  after I made him run some ... this was after I found him hiding in the weed`s to get out of sprint`s....I`d say ,nothing to worry about  BIG MIKE ..fat boy`s just don`t like to run

394410[/snapback]

Now that's what I call posting! Most excellent analysis, Buffaloed in Pa.

During my coaching  experience , All fat boy`s  big or little alway`s come up with something when running ...I even had a 12 year old try to fake a heart attack  after I made him run some ... this was after I found him hiding in the weed`s to get out of sprint`s....I`d say ,nothing to worry about  BIG MIKE ..fat boy`s just don`t like to run

394410[/snapback]

Too funny.

I don't think it's his back or hamstring......how about that gigantic thing he calls a GUT......someone should call the authorities for the abuse he is inflicting on his jersey

I don't think it's his back or hamstring......how about that gigantic thing he calls a GUT......someone should call the authorities for the abuse he is inflicting on his jersey

395904[/snapback]

Take it for what it's worth from a guy who's been to three sessions this year... It's not his "gut". In fact, for a lineman his "gut" seems to be in better shape than any of the other 4 starters on the team. Other than his out of shape experience at the beginning of last season, this theory abot MW's physical shape has largely been fictional.

Take it for what it's worth from a guy who's been to three sessions this year... It's not his "gut". In fact, for a lineman his "gut" seems to be in better shape than any of the other 4 starters on the team. Other than his out of shape experience at the beginning of last season, this theory abot MW's physical shape has largely been fictional.

395915[/snapback]

I am just going from what I saw on TV.....the guy looked out of breath walking....don't get me wrong.....In my opinion, he improved a ton last year and I hope that trend continues

I am just going from what I saw on TV.....the guy looked out of breath walking....don't get me wrong.....In my opinion, he improved a ton last year and I hope that trend continues

395917[/snapback]

Maybe he needs some better cardio work. I am cetainly not denying what you saw on the television report either. FWIW he has been moving well during actual plays. I even saw a play today where he ended up pulling from RT and leading the play between LG and LT. Talk about a "lookout!" block. :doh:

Maybe he needs some better cardio work. I am cetainly not denying what you saw on the television report either. FWIW he has been moving well during actual plays. I even saw a play today where he ended up pulling from RT and leading the play between LG and LT. Talk about a "lookout!" block.  :doh:

395920[/snapback]

Let's hope his progression continues!