A.M Camp Report (7/30)

Not that I saw. They were rotating units. I never saw Preston take on Adams or Edwards...but he did go one on one with Anderson and held his own.

394126[/snapback]

I've heard nothing but good things about Preston. While I wouldnt be that happy with him starting as a rookie, I do think he is a future stud on our O-Line. Guy has some serious tenacity when it comes to pass and run blocking.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Jason Peters?

I think we still need a LT.

394130[/snapback]

Methinks we'll take a stab at Verba if Gandy struggles. Being the first week of practice, obviously everyone gets a break and hopefully they wont do any roster moves until after our first preseason game. But if Gandy struggles for the next two weeks and then flops in the Colts game...I think its time to place a call to Verba.

But, I'm willing to bet he does improve in tomorrow's practice...lets remember that this is the most intense action ANY of our guys have seen since January...obviously they'll be adjustment time needed.

I'm headed to camp tomorrow and I'm not really going to be looking at overall performance since I think its FAR too early to judge that, but I'll be looking at individual effort. After reading today's report, I'm going to pay a lot of attention to the competition between Roscoe and Josh...that sounds like a really fun show to watch.

Thanks for the report!

What are you using for a digital camera? It takes some nice looking photos.

394129[/snapback]

A Kodak 5 pixel digi. I can't take credit for the pics, my brother (coltrane 34) is the photographer.

What about Jason Peters?

I think we still need a LT.

394130[/snapback]

Peters looked decent at times, but got beat too (as the entire second unit did). I agree with BillsGuyinMalta...it's too early to really get a feel for anything other than effort.

But Gandy is a bigger question mark to me today than he was yesterday.

- I came away unimpressed with Gandy today. In one on one drills he got schooled by Schobel, Posey and even Oyi Osunde. He had slow feet and McNally was riding him.

394099[/snapback]

Oyi O yeah!

How did Sape look?

- The right side of the OL looked good, even Mike Williams played well.

- At the end of practice, Holcomb, Mike Williams and two other lineman (didn't see who) had to stay after and run sprints. McNally was the coach making them run, but I have no idea what for.

394099[/snapback]

Nice report, thanks!

Why the Mike Williams bashing? He has reportedly done well in the OTA's, etc.

Why is Kelly Holcomb running sprints with the OL after practice? Mike reported this, too. Is there an OL named Holcomb?

Nice report, thanks!

Why the Mike Williams bashing?  He has reportedly done well in the OTA's, etc.

Why is Kelly Holcomb running sprints with the OL after practice?  Mike reported this, too.  Is there an OL named Holcomb?

394214[/snapback]

I have no idea why they had to run. You can see the pics of the sprints in my photos. It's Holcomb, the QB, Mike Williams, two other lineman and a coach running with them.

Just a guess, but maybe they didn't pass the conditioning tests. I've heard that most teams conduct their conditioning tests on the first day of training camp. Maybe the following players were ones who were sub par in the testing, so the coaches are having them run a little extra after practice. Just a thought.

I'm not worried about JP this year. I know he's going to struggle. It's good to hear that Reed has a different attitude now that this job is on the line. I don't know whether he wants to remain a Bill but he's working now like he still wants to play in this league. The LT spot didn't surprise me. I think we'll pick someone up during the preseason sometime. I get the feeling that Rashard has a bit of an advantage as the backup--Mularkey likes this type of backup at RB.

Thanks for the report, tgreg.