Next weeks game just got alot tougher

Rayzer32

That place is tough to play in no matter what the Raiders record is, but them coming into their home opener at 0-1 does not help us at all. The Black Hole may swallow us up. The Bills never seem to play well out west with the time difference and all. I originally though this would be a somewhat easy win for us, but Oak almost beat the Steelers in Pitt and look better than I thought.

They will be mad and we will be mad, but we have to go there and that gives them a big advantage. 0-2 going into the bye will hurt, although NE went 0-2 the first year they won the SB.

That place is tough to play in no matter what the Raiders record is, but them coming into their home opener at 0-1 does not help us at all.  The Black Hole may swallow us up.  The Bills never seem to play well out west with the time difference and all.  I originally though this would be a somewhat easy win for us, but Oak almost beat the Steelers in Pitt and look better than I thought. 

They will be mad and we will be mad, but we have to go there and that gives them a big advantage.  0-2 going into the bye will hurt, although NE went 0-2 the first year they won the SB.

27902[/snapback]

I agree....I wish that Oakland would have won against Pittsburgh today. I just hope the Bills get it together this week and show up in Oakland ready to whoop some silver and black asses.

That place is tough to play in no matter what the Raiders record is, but them coming into their home opener at 0-1 does not help us at all.  The Black Hole may swallow us up.  The Bills never seem to play well out west with the time difference and all.  I originally though this would be a somewhat easy win for us, but Oak almost beat the Steelers in Pitt and look better than I thought. 

They will be mad and we will be mad, but we have to go there and that gives them a big advantage.  0-2 going into the bye will hurt, although NE went 0-2 the first year they won the SB.

27902[/snapback]

Again, read the fine print. they had 5-111 for kick off return defense. 5-111? are you kidding me?

The Steelers put up 24 point on them and scored in every quarter, that says to me that there D played like crap. They also put up 21 points on the Steelers. That tells me that they were in a shootout, I dont see our D allowing us to get into a shootout.

I think we rebound and upset them in Oak. Not really even a rebound, maybe I need to go back to drinking on football day, but the team I saw today, minus the fumbles, could play, and win, against anyone.

Again, read the fine print. they had 5-111 for kick off return defense. 5-111? are you kidding me?

The Steelers put up 24 point on them and scored in every quarter, that says to me that there D played like crap. They also put up 21 points on the Steelers. That tells me that they were in a shootout, I dont see our D allowing us to get into a shootout.

I think we rebound and upset them in Oak. Not really even a rebound, maybe I need to go back to drinking on football day, but the team I saw today, minus the fumbles, could play, and win, against anyone.

27990[/snapback]

But it almost seems like this team needs to play the PERFECT game in order to win. Good teams can win by overcoming their mistakes, we can't. We have not been able to do that since the Kelly years.

I'm just scared that the game is in Oakland. I think we can beat them, but it won't be easy out there.

But it almost seems like this team needs to play the PERFECT game in order to win.  Good teams can win by overcoming their mistakes, we can't.  We have not been able to do that since the Kelly years. 

I'm just scared that the game is in Oakland.  I think we can beat them, but it won't be easy out there.

27999[/snapback]

Im not so quick to lump this team into the status quo category. I saw signs of being a well coached team today. I believ coaching cost us the playoffs last year. Let me go into more detail. I wanted to see game day management and adjustments, I saw that. I wanted to see us manage the clock, we did that. I wanted to see us challenge calls at the right moments, we did that. I wanted to see us make quality play calls, we did that. GW would have frikkin gone for it rather than kicking the FG or punting. I saw well thought out game plans, a coaching team that coached to the players shortcomings, Drew was effecient, productive, and basically sack free. I saw hints of quality coaching that will meanthe difference between wins and losses. I dont agree that we cant overcome mistakes. The long bomb on 4th down was seriously just bad luck. 9 time out of 10, Clements breaks that play up. We easily could have gotten a offensive pass interference on that play, the call was there.

Great teams make the right play calls and make the right coaching moves late in the game, I think we did that, but luck was not on our side. Coaching wont prevent that long bomb, Clements did what he was supposed to do. Coaching wont prevent penalties completely, players still get them. Coaching put us in the position to win today, a few costly mistakes cost us the game.

I think our O is good enough, our D is awesome, and finally our coaching is good. Thats a recipe for success. It may take a few games to start rolling that way.

Im not so quick to lump this team into the status quo category. I saw signs of being a well coached team today. I believ coaching cost us the playoffs last year. Let me go into more detail. I wanted to see game day management and adjustments, I saw that. I wanted to see us manage the clock, we did that. I wanted to see us challenge calls at the right moments, we did that. I wanted to see us make quality play calls, we did that. GW would have frikkin gone for it rather than kicking the FG or punting. I saw well thought out game plans, a coaching team that coached to the players shortcomings, Drew was effecient, productive, and basically sack free. I saw hints of quality coaching that will meanthe difference between wins and losses. I dont agree that we cant overcome mistakes. The long bomb on 4th down was seriously just bad luck. 9 time out of 10, Clements breaks that play up. We easily could have gotten a offensive pass interference on that play, the call was there.

Great teams make the right play calls and make the right coaching moves late in the game, I think we did that, but luck was not on our side. Coaching wont prevent that long bomb, Clements did what he was supposed to do. Coaching wont prevent penalties completely, players still get them. Coaching put us in the position to win today, a few costly mistakes cost us the game.

I think our O is good enough, our D is awesome, and finally our coaching is good. Thats a recipe for success. It may take a few games to start rolling that way.

28014[/snapback]

I totally agree. As much as the game results pissed me off, I was totally happy with the coaching. The difference is like night and day between GW and MM. Unfortunately the end result was the same, but as to where GW did the same things over and over, MM will fix the problems.

The only coaching blurb I saw today was the prevent D at the end of the game. We could have rushed more than 3-4 guys on certain plays.

27990[/snapback]

Pittsburgh had that game won, it was no shootout. Raiders had two TD's on pump fakes where the safety bit and the WR was wide open deep for the TD's. Raiders scored 21 on 2 long balls for TDs an XP and a 2 pt conversion and 2 field goals. Pittsburgh pretty much dominated except for those two long TD's.

Pittsburgh had that game won, it was no shootout.  Raiders had two TD's on pump fakes where the safety bit and the WR was wide open deep for the TD's.  Raiders scored 21 on 2 long balls for TDs an XP and a 2 pt conversion and 2 field goals.  Pittsburgh pretty much dominated except for those two long TD's.

28049[/snapback]

Please somehow get this info to MM and the rest of the staff. THis is something teams consistently overlook because RG does it all the time. We don't need our DBs getting burned by the pump fake. It is obviously Gannons best move.