When it's not about the money -

Pro athletes crack me up sometimes. In another in an endless series of ridiculous arguments, Joe Johnson of the Suns told the team not to match his offer of 70 million for 5 years that the Atlanta Hawks offered him. He will get it from one of the two teams, guaranteed. The reason he doesn't want them to match it? Because he doesn't like the way that the Suns didn't sign him for 6 years at 50 million a year ago. And it further upset him that the Suns only offered 60 million for 6 years earlier this summer.

Hell-oooooooooo? Joe? Anyone home? The Suns not paying you made you 20 extra million dollars for doing nothing. It was the best thing that could have happened to you. If they would have done what you're complaining they didn't do, you'd be 20 million short and be under contract for one extra year. Apparently, Joe thinks they were being cheap by making him 20 extra million.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...sunsnb0730.html

The Suns, of course, will match the offer sheet, and then everyone will be happy again.

God gives everyone some sort of talent. In the case of joe johnson, we can all see that god didn't give him the talent of mathematics or modesty. At least he's able to use his talent of basketball to put food on the plates of his illegitimate children.

God gives everyone some sort of talent.  In the case of joe johnson, we can all see that god didn't give him the talent of mathematics or modesty.  At least he's able to use his talent of basketball to put food on the plates of his illegitimate children.

394028[/snapback]

Well, I am not sure that is fair. He's actually known to be a very quiet and nice guy. His teammates like him. He hasn't gotten into any trouble. He's basically a shy hick from backwoods Arkansas. I have never heard anything at all about illegimate children or partying or doing anything stupid. He's just not thinking when he was complaining about the money.

Well, I am not sure that is fair. He's actually known to be a very quiet and nice guy. His teammates like him. He hasn't gotten into any trouble. He's basically a shy hick from backwoods Arkansas. I have never heard anything at all about illegimate children or partying or doing anything stupid. He's just not thinking when he was complaining about the money.

394036[/snapback]

I know he's probably a good guy, like the other 95% of the league... I was just stereotyping him with the @$$holes of the league.