Ty Law to the Jets

Frez

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Talks are getting serious between the Jets and free-agent cornerback Ty Law, and if he passes a physical and is impressive during an upcoming workout, he'll likely sign with the club, according to someone with knowledge of the negotiations.

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Talks are getting serious between the Jets and free-agent cornerback Ty Law, and if he passes a physical and is impressive during an upcoming workout, he'll likely sign with the club, according to someone with knowledge of the negotiations.

394012[/snapback]

If he passes a physical, if he is impressive, he likely signs, according to someone? That hardly sounds like a done deal.

If he passes a physical, if he is impressive, he likely signs, according to someone? That hardly sounds like a done deal.

394015[/snapback]

I bet he sign with Jets

Presumably Law will lower his asking price, which is reportedly $6 million to $7 million per season, or the Jets will satisfy his demands in another way, perhaps with more upfront money.

"Ty is just waiting for some of this two-a-day stuff to pass," said the person. "He's smart."

The Jaguars, Lions and Chiefs are also interested, but the Jets seem to have the inside track because of Law's close relationship with coach Herman Edwards, running back Curtis Martin and defensive back coach Corwin Brown, who played with Law in college (Michigan) and the NFL (Patriots).

Martin, who played with Law at New England and remains close to him, didn't deny he was recruiting him.

"I've spoken to him a few times," Martin said with a smile. "We're friends. We hang out together."

I bet he sign with Jets

Presumably Law will lower his asking price, which is reportedly $6 million to $7 million per season, or the Jets will satisfy his demands in another way, perhaps with more upfront money.

"Ty is just waiting for some of this two-a-day stuff to pass," said the person. "He's smart."

The Jaguars, Lions and Chiefs are also interested, but the Jets seem to have the inside track because of Law's close relationship with coach Herman Edwards, running back Curtis Martin and defensive back coach Corwin Brown, who played with Law in college (Michigan) and the NFL (Patriots).

Martin, who played with Law at New England and remains close to him, didn't deny he was recruiting him.

"I've spoken to him a few times," Martin said with a smile. "We're friends. We hang out together."

394019[/snapback]

I always thought the Jets were the most likely to sign Law, and I still do, and he probably will. It just really doesn't sound like a done deal. We have already seen a few done deal stories with Law and the Jets and the Chefs and the Lions when in fact, it was deal tartare.

I always thought the Jets were the most likely to sign Law, and I still do, and he probably will. It just really doesn't sound like a done deal. We have already seen a few done deal stories with Law and the Jets and the Chefs and the Lions when in fact, it was deal tartare.

394024[/snapback]

I hear you brother. :D