Madden 2006 (Will it just be a roster update?)

MrLocke

I've purchased Madden 4 of the last five years and I am not sure if I will purchase it this year. I've heard about superstar mode and the new passing mode, however I am wondering if Madden 2006 will just be a roster update from 2005. Do people around here plan on buying Madden 2006. If so why? If not why not? I am a huge fan of franchise mode drafting, hiring coaches and signing free agents and care more most about franchise upgrades and I haven't heard about many franchise upgrades. Anyway Are you going to buy Madden this year?

I've purchased Madden 4 of the last five years and I am not sure if I will purchase it this year. I've heard about superstar mode and the new passing mode, however I am wondering if Madden 2006 will just be a roster update from 2005. Do people around here plan on buying Madden 2006. If so why? If not why not? I am a huge fan of franchise mode drafting, hiring coaches and signing free agents and care more most about franchise upgrades and I haven't heard about many franchise upgrades. Anyway Are you going to buy Madden this year?

393316[/snapback]

I'll get it if they fix all the stupid glitches in it from last year.

I know it's pointless to mention individual gripes about Madden, but I really wish there were a way to simulate the rest of the game from a given point. I really hate it when I'm playing in franchise mode and I'm up by like 40 pts. and I still have to sit there and play the game out.

On topic though I'll pick up Madden 06. I've gotten practically every one since 92, so I don't see any reason to stop now. Some might call me foolish, but I actually do the hell out of each year's version.

The one thing I hate is that you can't even discount for returning last year's version. I guess I'm just a broke grad school student but they really need to have some competition. Joe Theismann Football anyone??? Whatever, I'm gonna buy and make EA even richer. :blush:

Everything that I have heard about it is the Super Star mode is the main upgrade. The franchise mode is the same and the gameplay (outside of the new "vision cone passing") is the same.

The graphics and such are maxed out for both the PS2 and Xbox, thus there are no changes.

The word is the Nex Generation Madden '06 (due out for the Xbox in November) is going to be the major upgrade for the franchise (graphically at least). But for the older systems, it is essentially a new roster upgrade.

All that being said, I am still getting it. The super star mode seems interesting, although I have heard there are a number of minor flaws in it (as should be expected since it takes a while to iron out the problems in any new feature).

The graphics and such are maxed out for both the PS2 and Xbox, thus there are no changes.

The word is the Nex Generation Madden '06 (due out for the Xbox in November) is going to be the major upgrade for the franchise (graphically at least). But for the older systems, it is essentially a new roster upgrade.

393923[/snapback]

If you want a graphics upgrade get the PC version. Its been kickin the consoles asses for years.