NE's Seymour officially starts holdout

I'm starting to think the writing's on the wall for Seymour.  The Pats today signed his backup, Jarvis Green, to a five-year extension.

Green was excellent filling in for Seymour in two playoff games last year, for what it's worth.

393210[/snapback]

You're comfortable with Green over Seymour?

Certainly. Against probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league last year, there was no drop-off whatsoever from Seymour to Green, at least from what I could see.

Seymour's a great player, no doubt, and I wish he was out there. But Green's played extremely well in his place, and has proved he's a good starter.

The thing that pisses me of is that the Pats have to replace guys like Bledsoe, Milloy, Law, Bruschi & now Seymour yet continue to WIN! :blush:

393217[/snapback]

You have a point with Law, who was still an eilte player when the Pats had to replace him, but with the Bledsoe and Milloy, the team got rid of declining players with big cap hits and upgraded the positions.

The team has yet to prove that they win withour Bruschi and Seymour over a full season, but I'm confident that they can.

You have a point with Law, who was still an eilte player when the Pats had to replace him, but with the Bledsoe and Milloy, the team got rid of declining players with big cap hits and upgraded the positions.

The team has yet to prove that they win withour Bruschi and Seymour over a full season, but I'm confident that they can.

393228[/snapback]

What about Johnson's retirement?

393214[/snapback]

As a Patriots fan, I'm more comfortable with Green at $2 million per year than with Seymour at $8 million per year. The D-Line is already stacked with Wilfork, Warren, and Green. Bailey should be healthy and Hill and Kelley are the young guys to grow with. Paying an exhorbitant amount to one player when you have so much talent on the line is not the way to go. If Seymour agrees to take $6 million or less per year, he could stay. If not, he'll go the way of Bruce Armstrong, Lawyer Milloy, Ted Washington, Ty Law, among others.

From the article:

Seymour's absence would further erode the core of the Patriots' defense. A day earlier, veteran linebacker Ted Johnson unexpectedly announced his retirement. And last week, Tedy Bruschi said he would sit out the entire 2005 season while he recovers from a mild stroke, leaving New England without either of its starting inside linebackers from last year's championship team.

Life is good. Don't forget that they lost their defensive coordinator this off season too and replaced him with a first time DC.

From the article:

Life is good. Don't forget that they lost their defensive coordinator this off season too and replaced him with a first time DC.

393297[/snapback]

Here's something else that should keep you happy for a few minutes. On today's practice.

* Quarterback Tom Brady on the practice: “We didn’t do real well.”

I guess the wheels are falling off. :blush: