Eagle's Jerome McDougle shot this morning.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah.

It's certainly the most adaptable language on Earth. Not to mention it's THE official language of diplomacy.

393495[/snapback]

AD had it right, it's all about the money. Everything else springs from that. That being said, I have no clue what's up with people on this board bashing spanish speakers non-stop.

I guess people enjoy feeling superior in any way they can. It's kind of sad really.

AD had it right, it's all about the money.  Everything else springs from that.  That being said, I have no clue what's up with people on this board bashing spanish speakers non-stop.

I guess people enjoy feeling superior in any way they can.  It's kind of sad really.

393507[/snapback]

Gracias.

There's a distinct difference between poking fun, and bashing, and sometimes it's come right down to bashing. Didnt like the joke, but I'd heard it before and I'll hear it again. But I'm not about to start a crusade against it.

Gracias.

There's a distinct difference between poking fun, and bashing, and sometimes it's come right down to bashing. Didnt like the joke, but I'd heard it before and I'll hear it again. But I'm not about to start a crusade against it.

393512[/snapback]

Of course not. You're only up to 8 posts so far. :P

I thought Math was the language of science?  :P

393508[/snapback]

Good one, smart guy :blink:

You know what I meant. English is the common language used in basically all international science conferences and for publishing in all the most influential science journals.

Good one, smart guy  :P

You know what I meant. English is the common language used in basically all international science conferences and for publishing in all the most influential science journals.

393537[/snapback]

Yeah I know, but the comment was asking for it. I work in a Nat'l lab, Trust me I know that everyone here, regardless of where they are from, publishes in English.

tell that to the dutch and the japanese.

393489[/snapback]

Who speak English at the International bargaining table. You think when Toyota negotiated the agreement with San Antonio to build their new Tundra plant they were tossing around the term "gaijin"?