Tune into JIM ROME tomorrow.

I heard on the drive home today that Losman will be on Jim Rome tomorrow. I'm trying to find the time but I thought you'd all like to know.

392503[/snapback]

At least we know JP wont say anything stupid, cause that dude(rome) has NO idea how to do an interview without all softball questions. Heres the interview in advance

Rome; Hey Jp how are you

JP; Good Rome how are you

Rome: Good so ya doing all right

JP ;yea fine

Rome so ya feeling good in Buffalo

JP" Yea its good here

Rome; Feel your gonna play well

JP Yea, I think so

Rome; Think you guys have a shot at the playoffs

JP. Yea I think so

Rome: Can ya feel the karma, we had big show in Buffalo once

JP Yea, I feel the karma

Rome:Good bye JP what a great guy

At least we know JP wont say anything stupid, cause that dude has NO idea how to do an interview without all softball questions. Heres the interview in advance

Rome; Hey Jp how are you

JP ;yea fine

Rome  so ya feeling good in Buffalo

JP" Yea its good here

JP  Yea, I think so

JP. Yea I think so

JP Yea, I feel the karma

392569[/snapback]

Unless he decides he doesn't like Losman, then it will be more like.

Rome: And now we have Bills starting QB JP "Lose Man" with us.

JP: That's Losman

Rome: That's what I said, "Lose man...." Etc...cue "Chris" Everett flashback...

:D

I saw a Rome episode last winter where his cameras followed around Jalen Rose for a day. He didnt even score any points in the game (against the clippers?), yet Rome praised him afterwards as being one of the best players and all around greatest guys in the league. Last I checked, Jalen Rose hasnt been the best player on his own team since high school, let alone of the best in the NBA.

"I'd like to welcome my guest, all pro wide reciver from the buffalo bills, Josh Reed." Rome Sucks.

At least we know JP wont say anything stupid, cause that dude(rome) has NO idea how to do an interview without all softball questions. Heres the interview in advance

Rome; Hey Jp how are you

392569[/snapback]

====> Don't forget the "Welcome to the Jungle" crap.....and also

there has to be mention about Clones....I don't understand how this

guy has any kind of rating to stick on the Air....I would listen to

Dan Patrick any time...

I loathe Jim Rome, but for this, I will tune in! Thanks for the heads up!

I still don't know if the kid can play a lick, but the fact that he is reading Steinbeck, and names "Siddhartha" as one of his favorite books makes me think he can't be all bad! I will just ignore that he named "Titanic" as his favorite flick....

I loathe Jim Rome, but for this, I will tune in!  Thanks for the heads up!

I will just ignore that he named "Titanic" as his favorite flick....

392674[/snapback]

He's single and chicks dig the big boat movie. Can't fault him for telling a little lie.

Rome; Hey Jp how are you

JP ;yea fine

JP" Yea its good here

JP  Yea, I think so

JP. Yea I think so

JP Yea, I feel the karma

392569[/snapback]

Definately, the Rome show used to be fun and insteresting from time to time but I think the power of Rome's ego surpassed the power of the show a while ago. Also, he acts like he gets the real deal and asks hardball questions, but the last time he probobly did anything of the sort was cheap-shot insults on Jim Everitt 10 years ago(although classic footage). To me the show seems so recycled, guest comes on, Rome talks about him a little before, a little after, takes some calls and everyone kisses the guest's behind for about a half hour(hour if the day is slow). However, theres only one sportstalk staion in town and thats what they play, so I continue to listen on a semi-regular basis. I don't care for the whole "clones" concept either.

Plenzmd1,

You forgot to mention ...

JP: How is JStu?

Rome: He's Mr. Automatic

JP: So I hear. Hey, and when is that USA movie, "Murder at the Presidio" on again?

Rome: Dude, do you know he has a SAG card? Anyhow, how do you live with those Rob Johnson comparisons - he was my boy you know?

JP: Well, as long as I've got some nice tasty waves and a cool buzz, I'll be just fine (doing his best Jeff Spicolli). Honestly, there is no four foot midget here now to screw things up.

Rome: Well, I'd rather have a big Johnson than a small Flutie anyday.

JP: Say hello to Terence in Sierra Madre for me and John in C-Town ... "Lunch with the Monkey"

Rome: Rack Him! Out!

Rome; Hey Jp how are you

JP ;yea fine

JP" Yea its good here

JP  Yea, I think so

JP. Yea I think so

JP Yea, I feel the karma

392569[/snapback]

Rome: Jp we have a caller on the phone with a football question.

Jp: Sure go ahead caller.

Caller(sh--) : You know I always wanted to know how to pronounce your name?

JP: Losman. That's it, thats your !@#$ing football question? What a !@#$ing loser.

Rome: Well that tell you everything you need to know about Bills fans. :blush::blush:

ROME TRANSCRIPT OF JP INTERVIEW (not word for word, but as fast as I could type):

ROME: Are you ready to start in the NFL?

JP: I did a lot of work in the offseason

ROME: Talk to me about the work you did...

JP: The thing you want to do the most is learn what you offense is supposed to do and to execute it perfectly. Then critique other defenses and start worrying about the other team.

ROME: How do you earn trust of vets?

JP: Tough, not beating somebody out, but show dedication and work ethic, leadership starting coming out.

ROME: You can only do so much right now, basically you need to make the plays on Sunday to earn it right?

JP: Correct, you need to win the games to prove you belong.

ROME: How long did it take you to figure it out how good the fans of Buffalo were?

JP: I thought I figured it out pretty quick. I've noticed lately that everybody is very excited about the season, even more so than I thought.

ROME: Is it overwhelming?

JP: No I've been playing football since I was 5.

ROME: Talk about your maturity.

JP: I did what my family wanted going to UCLA but I really wanted to go away and realized quickly I wasn't experiencing college how I wanted to be. I left after a quarter to do what I wanted to.

ROME: Could you have been the same guy if you stayed at UCLA?

JP: I think I would have done well, but I don't think I would have been as mentally strong or mature staying at home.

ROME: You were never babied, you grew up with 8 people in 2 bedrooms, your mother sacrificed a lot for you, how do you repay your mother's sacrifice?

JP: I'm not sure, if there was a $ I would but I think I can just be the best person I can be.

ROME: Was it a tough childhood?

JP: A little bit, without a father, and such a big family ther was no chance to be by yourself.

ROME: As a QB you're a leader, talk about fitting in, you weren't mexican enough for the mexicans or white enough for the whites,

JP: you rely on sports, they give you confidence and teamwork and keep you out of trouble. I don't speak spanish and white people said i had a slur, the african americans on the football team were good friends.

ROME: Doesn't matter if your black white or green if you can play right?

JP: if you play hard and do the job, everyone will back you.