Eric King?

He's a 5th round pick, and I haven't heard any sign that he's holding out.  He's not under contract, most likely, because the Bills are working on Roscoe first and will get to him.  I wouldn't worry, we still have a week until camp.

Camp opens tomorrow. And King will definitely be signed prior to it. Parrish OTOH...

His not being signed is odd though because the higher drafted Preston I believe is signed and this should determine a lof of the slotting for a lower drafted player.

There are a lot of variable though that probably make the Bills negotiations with individuals not fit the usual slotting:

1. Our highest draftee Parrish was a 2nd rounder and there is a push on him to get a 2nd round slot, but there is also a push for him to get prime draftee money. Rosenhaus is his agent so there will be tough representation to put things toward the higher amount by him.

2. Parrish and Hill apparently really impressed in the OTAs which will reasonably push them toward the higher part of their slot and Everett was a 1st day pick who is out which will push him toward the lower end of his slot and this dichotomy will have to get worked out.

3. I don't know how the NFL draft allocation for us played out because we do not have to sign a 1st came out relative to the other teams, but if relatively we are flush (I suspect this may be the case) there will be a lot of waiting by draftees and jiggling to get the biggest contract they can get. If instead the powers that be constrained the overall pool it probably increased the pressure for the first contracts to jump in.

4. The tough case for us will be if our pool is smaller than we would want and Preston signing has further constrained it. The easier case to work with but still involves a lot of last secvond dickering is that there is lots of $ to go around and everybody is negotiating (both the team and draftees) to get the best marginal value they can get.

His not being signed is odd though because the higher drafted Preston I believe is signed and this should determine a lof of the slotting for a lower drafted player.

I have to think that King and/or his agent got a swollen head after all the glowing reports from OTA's. That's the only reason I can think that he's not signed yet.

I have to think that King and/or his agent got a swollen head after all the glowing reports from OTA's.  That's the only reason I can think that he's not signed yet.

392315[/snapback]

The way the kid was talkin, I didn't think he'd do that.