From the country that gave the world

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.

Professor Hiroshi Ishiguru of Osaka University says the first unit has been pre-ordered online and is en route to its new home in Sheepjump, Indiana.

Amazing.

"It can respond to people touching it. It's very satisfying.. we ...could get away with it for a short time, 5-10 seconds. However, if we carefully select the situation, we could extend that, to perhaps 10 minutes," he said.

:angry::angry:

"She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.

Professor Hiroshi Ishiguru of Osaka University says one day robots could fool us into believing they are human.

Repliee Q1 is not like any robot you will have seen before, at least outside of science-fiction movies.

She is designed to look human and although she can only sit at present, she has 31 actuators in her upper body, powered by a nearby air compressor, programmed to allow her to move like a human."

Unfortunately, she has 69 actuators in her lower body, powered by a nearby Sears Die-Hard battery, programmed to allow her to shut the switch off at a mere whim - much like a human. :angry:

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe

Sounds like some of the women here in the local Dallas singles bars. She justs needs big, glittering, "star" earrings and fake cleavage.

Most Japanese men aren't.  I mean, how many busty Japanese women have YOU seen?

392162[/snapback]

According to anime, all of them.

Dang, if they could get some actuators for cooking, cleaning and laundry, I'd order today. I wonder if the 'Hot Coffee' mod will work?

Most Japanese men aren't.  I mean, how many busty Japanese women have YOU seen?

392162[/snapback]

There are plenty of them. This is a common misconception portrayed by western media.

I was writing one before I got married and if you saw her picture you would say Tokyo very favoriably compares with "the heart of the Enchanted Mountains". And no I do not have any pictures. All were dumped when I got engaged to my wife.