T- 14HRS...

I was fortunate enough to meet three of the astronauts at a return to flight gathering in April. True American Hereos. I am also fortunate enough to view the lift-off tomorrow. For some who haven't had the pleasure to witness a shuttle lift-off, there is nothing like it. The sound ripple that bellows across the Indian river, just rattles your bones. This will probably be one of the last dinosaurs of our times, who knows how many more if it all ( suppose to be another in September)

we will get to enjoy, but I will be there bright and early fighting traffic to get a view- I'll be the guy wearing my Red, White And Blue Bills hat ........

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fortunate enough to meet three of the astronauts at a return to flight gathering in April. True American Hereos. I am also fortunate enough to view the lift-off tomorrow. For some who haven't had the pleasure to witness a shuttle lift-off, there is nothing like it. The sound ripple that bellows across the Indian river, just rattles your bones. This will probably be one of the last dinosaurs of our times, who knows how many more if it all ( suppose to be another in September)

we will get to enjoy, but I will be there bright and early fighting traffic to get a view- I'll be the guy wearing my Red, White And Blue Bills hat ........

389942[/snapback]

Hope it goes well. I'm thinking of driving out to the Ormond Beach area to watch.

More likely a wing will fall off and, over the hysterical screaming of the engineers, NASA management will issue a "special safety waiver" saying, in part, "We expect these little issues as liftoff approaches..."

390064[/snapback]

"Special safety waiver" :lol:

Sounds also like the Corps (of Engineers) I have come to know and love.

:rolleyes::lol:

I've seen a number of launches from where I worked in Titusville, and even at that distance it's still an awesome sight.

How they manage to pull it off is beyond me. Especially following the recent events.

You know what NASA needs? More engineers who don't watch "Apollo 13" before they go to work in the morning.

good question  :rolleyes:  I still think going to outter space is a gigantic waste of time and money that would be better served fixing real problems here one earth.

390158[/snapback]

You should look at all the technological discoveries that were made as a result of the space program. I guarantee that your life has been made easier as a result.

good question  :rolleyes:  I still think going to outter space is a gigantic waste of time and money that would be better served fixing real problems here one earth.

390158[/snapback]

If I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell the money would be spent "fixing real problems here one earth I might agree. Since it would just be spent on pork legislation anyway, I will vote in favor of a new frontier.

You should look at all the technological discoveries that were made as a result of the space program.  I guarantee that your life has been made easier as a result.

390180[/snapback]

Exactly. People always overlook that fact though.

CW

I've seen a launch from vero beach, fl... Truly an awesome thing to witness. On a side note, what's up with CNN's "Return of the shuttle" graphic. Looks errily familiar to "Return of the Jedi" (as in, jedi was removed and shuttle was inserted). Unless concent was given, i'd imagine lucasfilms will be on the horn soon.