(OT) Cooter Says...

Not like the TV show, apparently.

Cooter, who by the way is a former Congressman (!), says that the script is laden with profanity and sexual situations. He has an argument about the profanity (I never heard one curse word on the TV show in the years it ran, and I watched almost every episode), but he's gotta be kidding about the suggestiveness.

Otherwise, why did Daisy run around in those short shorts for years? :) There's a reason why they were called "Daisy Dukes".

BTW, if you've seen Catherine Bach in recent years, she's still very pretty at age 51, but the days of fitting into those shorts are a distant memory. At least she's still got some curves.

Mike

Not like the TV show, apparently.

Cooter, who by the way is a former Congressman (!), says that the script is laden with profanity and sexual situations.  He has an argument about the profanity (I never heard one curse word on the TV show in the years it ran, and I watched almost every episode), but he's gotta be kidding about the suggestiveness.

Otherwise, why did Daisy run around in those short shorts for years?  :) There's a reason why they were called "Daisy Dukes".

BTW, if you've seen Catherine Bach in recent years, she's still very pretty at age 51, but the days of fitting into those shorts are a distant memory.  At least she's still got some curves.

Mike

389668[/snapback]

Sounds like something bounced up into his under-carriage.

EDIT: Holy crap! I just scrolled down the cast list and Rip Taylor is listed. Rip Freakin' Taylor! I guess the director didn't feel that the pile was steaming enough.

JimBob2232 Posted Today, 02:18 PM

I have a hard time with this movie. It is set in modern time, yet uses the old charger. And to be even worse, they removed the confederate flag from it...talk about giving in!

Agreed, if you are going to adapt the tv show on to the big screen, then at least try and stay faithful to the show.

I have a hard time with this movie.  It is set in modern time, yet uses the old charger.  And to be even worse, they removed the confederate flag from it...talk about giving in!

389685[/snapback]

WHAT?!?!?!? They removed the Reb flag??? How friggin pathetic. Our PC world sucks. :)

I think he's 100% correct.  They did ruin it.  For crying out loud, Johnny Knoxville is Luke Duke.  And there is a big difference between the 2 Daisy Dukes.

389696[/snapback]

Look I'm not really looking forward to this movie, but at least give it the courtesy of having seen it before you make pronouncements about it.

Look I'm not really looking forward to this movie, but at least give it the courtesy of having seen it before you make pronouncements about it.

389725[/snapback]

I don't know. Based on how stupid the original show is I think it's reasonable to project that the movie will be stupid as well.

WHAT?!?!?!?  They removed the Reb flag???  How friggin pathetic.  Our PC world sucks.  :)

389700[/snapback]

I agree, it's not the 'General Lee' without the flag on it...fug this movie.

Is the car even still known as the 'General Lee' or do they call it 'The Rainbow Coalition Mobile'?!?

This reminds me of when the first "Batman" movie came out. Some newspaper was interviewing Adam West and he said he was very offended and upset that he was not offered to play Batman. I was thinking, "Christ, Adam, it's not like they were making "Batman: The Depends Years." May as well dig up Burgess Meredith while you're at it!

I don't know. Based on how stupid the original show is I think it's reasonable to project that the movie will be stupid as well.

389730[/snapback]

Exactly. But my post was based on his original premise that they had "ruined it." I mean what the hell are we really talking about here? We're talking about a movie based on an 80s primetime television show about a couple of rednecks. I don't think there's much ruining going on here. Let's not forget all this was started by a guy known as Cooter shooting his mouth off. Probably because he was broken hearted that he couldn't get a part in the movie.

389725[/snapback]

I was a huge fan of the "DUKES" when I was a kid, and I've seen more profanity and sexual references in the previews of the 2005 Dukes than I've seen in any of the original shows. By the way, I think you have to be a fan of the original Dukes to understand why I feel this way.

I was a huge fan of the "DUKES" when I was a kid, and I've seen more profanity and sexual references in the previews of the 2005 Dukes than I've seen in any of the original shows.  By the way, I think you have to be a fan of the original Dukes to understand why I feel this way.

389754[/snapback]

PIZ is 100% correct.

I was a big fan of the Dukes TV show as a kid. Like I said before in an earlier post about "The A-Team", I was a geeky teenager who watched a LOT of bad TV.

I wanted a General Lee. And there was someone in my town who actually had one (I remember seeing it on the streets several times...never found out if the doors were welded shut or not).

And most of all, I was in love with Daisy. :)

Mike

Is the car even still known as the 'General Lee' or do they call it 'The Rainbow Coalition Mobile'?!?

389732[/snapback]

they should have just made it a hybrid gas/electric and replace the rebel flag with a gay pride rainbow triangle.

just some good ol' boys...

389732[/snapback]

Not to be the defender of this movie, but isn't THIS a confederate flag on top of the General Lee? Everyone on IMDB is all up in arms because the flag IS there and you guys are upset because it's NOT there. I guess the only thing to do is watch the movie and find out which it is.