Is Moulds last one left from JB era?

jahnyc

I think that Eric Moulds is the last player on the current roster remaining from the Butler era. In thinking about this, the one thing that is clear is that this is TD's team, built through his drafts and free agent acquisitions.

Some thoughts in this regard:

1. I am neutral concerning TD and his reign. I will be more supportive if we make the playoffs this season. I appreciate his dedication, but after five years, it is more than reasonable to expect at least one playoff berth.

2. How do we compare to other teams in terms of the percentage of free agents that are starters? For example, our starting linebackers, safeties and four out of our five o-linemen will likely be free agent acquisitions (as opposed to draft choices).

3. If JP struggles, I hope that the team will play Holcomb. We have a solid defense and very good special teams. We need to win now, not in two or three years.

4. I hope that we do not draft in the top five again. Mike Williams contract is ridiculous. The NFL needs a cap for rookie contracts.

5. How much cap room do we have? Travis has been traded and I thought I read that Mike Williams restructured his contract by moving some bonus money to next year (saving about $2 million on this year's cap). These two moves should have resulted in savings of approximately $3 million.

I believe you are correct, and as I have been told, Moulds was resigned under TD, so in the essence, he is a TD guy now (sorta like FA signing).

I think this team will depend on a solid defense to win games more than the offense of JP. For JP to be successful, the OL will need to play its best, and I think there will be too many changes on the line for that to happen immediately.

I think that Eric Moulds is the last player on the current roster remaining from the Butler era.  In thinking about this, the one thing that is clear is that this is TD's team, built through his drafts and free agent acquisitions.

Some thoughts in this regard:

1.  I am neutral concerning TD and his reign.  I will be more supportive if we make the playoffs this season.  I appreciate his dedication, but after five years, it is more than reasonable to expect at least one playoff berth.

2.  How do we compare to other teams in terms of the percentage of free agents that are starters?  For example, our starting linebackers, safeties and four out of our five o-linemen will likely be free agent acquisitions (as opposed to draft choices).

3.  If JP struggles, I hope that the team will play Holcomb.  We have a solid defense and very good special teams.  We need to win now, not in two or three years.

4.  I hope that we do not draft in the top five again.  Mike Williams contract is ridiculous.  The NFL needs a cap for rookie contracts.

5.  How much cap room do we have?  Travis has been traded and I thought I read that Mike Williams restructured his contract by moving some bonus money to next year (saving about $2 million on this year's cap).  These two moves should have resulted in savings of approximately $3 million.

388964[/snapback]