Lance wins final time trial

JoeF

Lance Armstrong is the most dominant athlete of our time.  End of discussion.

388843[/snapback]

I'm with you.

People can argue about michael jordan, tiger woods, Wayne Gretzky, montana, etc. They are all great atheletes who transcend their sport, but lance armstrong is simply a step ahead of them. He's physically and mentally dominant in his sport. People are literally afraid of him. He can win a race by simply being close to the leader and psyching him out. Yes, all the other atheletes do that too. Yes, tiger and michael play in a far more marketable sport, but lance is the man. 7 in a row, a documented physical freak of nature (heart rate/lung capacity/stamina/etc). Oh yeah, he was given months to live and virtually 0% long term survivability because he had cancer spread throughout his body. That was before he started winning. Documented as to never taking steroids, plus he had 3 kids AFTER having his balls removed. He's also dating sheryl crow, which isn't too shabby in my book either.

1) Lance Armstrong

2) Michael Jordan/Wayne Gretzky/Tiger Woods

3) Everyone else

smacking the French around again.....on their own piss-soaked streets

I love it

389008[/snapback]

if there were a big bicycle race in the U.S. every year, would you give a crap? probably not. way to root for somebody simply as a means to disparage others, congrats.

go buy another ford explorer, moron.

if there were a big bicycle race in the U.S. every year, would you give a crap?  probably not.  way to root for somebody simply as  a means to disparage others, congrats.

go buy another ford explorer, moron.

389034[/snapback]

but it's okay when you do it?......what did D. Patrick ever do to you?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=373751

Another thing, what is with the Ford Explorer comment? You have me pegged pretty good just by reading a two line post. You have no idea what my Nationality is, where I've been in life, my political views, etc.

Who's the moron here?

Peter La Fleur: Uh, actually I decided to quit... Lance.

Lance Armstrong: Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France seven times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?

Peter La Fleur: Right now it feels a little bit like... shame.

Lance Armstrong: Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't anything to regret for the rest of their life. Well good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.