I missed the start due to church how was the wind?

Fake-Fat Sunny

I assume the wind in the stadium was a definite factor as the punt totals showed and the Moorman game showed extremes between what was talked about as an 60 yard punt with the wind and lesser efforts I saw against the wind.

I am willing to believe that the wind played a significant role in the Lindell miss from 42 yards (though quite frakly I expect my kicker to make them with 45 at home) but if the wind was so bad, then why the heck was Lindell not allowed to go go for it at the end of the game with the wind blowing in the correct direction for this kick and for the kickoff assuming he made it?

The NFL should be your only church!

Why would you want that loser to attempt a 50 yarder when he couldn't nail a 42 yard chip shot?

Wind had nothing to do with it.  There was none. 

We played badly.  Don't be afraid to admit it.

27680[/snapback]

No prob admiting we played badly as I agree we played badly. There are several specific plays where if a performer had performed even adequately we would have won (specifically, Lindell should have hit a 42 yard FG at home on turf even into the wind, Vilarial should not have drawn a holding call on 3rd and 2, Clements should have come up with ball one-on-one against Smith or at least knocked it down, Moulds should have cradled the ball away from inside tackles on his fumble, among others).

However, amidst the miffage that we sucked, good news should not be overlooked (I'm too miffed to get into the good news right now, but there were several aspects of the game where I think there was real improvement over last year's model.

I ask the wind question because:

1. Tasker and Criquo werw certainly making noises that the wind was significant and I 'm curious if anyone can quote wind speed conditions as the game began or has some credible anecdotes about the swirling Ralph conditions which wind speed pccaisionally doesn't reflect.

2. I am more than willing to diregard announcer blather, but Moorman in particular got off a longish punt before I tuned in and produced a shorter one against the wind to still give him a pretty good average. Something appeared to be up windwise based on these stats.

I do not know whether this would have any effect on the Lindell miss and if it did it makes MM punt call late in the game even more questionable as Lindell had the wind at his back for this one.