OT - Sabres....now what?

OK - so now that the NHL is back and everybody is civil with each other again, are we going to see the Sabres on TV?

I live in Albany, so I'll get my share of the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils, but I'm a Western NY native - I want the Sabres. I thought I heard that MSG would pick them up, but that was back in January. Any one hear of anything?

OK - so now that the NHL is back and everybody is civil with each other again, are we going to see the Sabres on TV?

I live in Albany, so I'll get my share of the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils, but I'm a Western NY native - I want the Sabres. I thought I heard that MSG would pick them up, but that was back in January. Any one hear of anything?

388602[/snapback]

I heard that MSG was going to do the Sabres games, but they will probably be blacked out outside of WNY. Teams only have the right to broadcast in something like a 75 mile radius. When they were on Empire, the games were blacked out if you lived outside of the Sabres territory.

I live in Hamburg, and currently our "regional" sports network on Dishnetwork is Fox Pittsburg. Does anyone know if Dishnetwork will be changing the regional sports channel in WNY to MSG?

Sabres games will be on MSG in the WNY Area. I also heard WGRZ (Channel 2) may carry some games. WGR 550AM will have the games on the radio.

Simple solution is to buy the NHL Center Ice Package on DirecTV or Digital Cable. I have heard that one of the things the NHL is going to do to win back fans is offer the Center Ice Package FREE until Thanksgiving and then it's only going to be $49 for the rest of the season. Sabres games on the Center Ice package are not blacked out in WNY if the game is not on local TV.

Simple solution is to buy the NHL Center Ice Package on DirecTV or Digital Cable. I have heard that one of the things the NHL is going to do to win back fans is offer the Center Ice Package FREE until Thanksgiving and then it's only going to be $49 for the rest of the season. Sabres games on the Center Ice package are not blacked out in WNY if the game is not on local TV.

388631[/snapback]

If that is true I will definitely re-up my Center Ice package.

Sabres games will be on MSG in the WNY Area. I also heard WGRZ (Channel 2) may carry some games. WGR 550AM will have the games on the radio.

What I've been doing over the years is not paying for NHL Center Ice, but subscribing to the package that includes the sports channels. The Empire broadcast would be blacked out for the live broadcast, but Empire would replay all the games, sometimes two or three times, so I could watch (or Tivo/watch) every game. I don't know that MSG will replay Sabres games that they carry, so I may end up buying the Center Ice thing. Gonna wait and see.

What I've been doing over the years is not paying for NHL Center Ice, but subscribing to the package that includes the sports channels. The Empire broadcast would be blacked out for the live broadcast, but Empire would replay all the games, sometimes two or three times, so I could watch (or Tivo/watch) every game. I don't know that MSG will replay Sabres games that they carry, so I may end up buying the Center Ice thing. Gonna wait and see.

388725[/snapback]

That was one thing great about the west coast. I did that, too, and the replay on Empire came on at midnight local but 9 pm Pacific. So I watched most of the games (as if it were) live at 9pm. Plus they cut out the between periods crap so the games were about 2 hours. I doubt, however, that MSG will replay the Sabre games immediately though. Looks like it's center ice package. But that's smart, offering it for $49 to win back the fans.

I have heard that one of the things the NHL is going to do to win back fans is offer the Center Ice Package FREE until Thanksgiving and then it's only going to be $49 for the rest of the season.

388631[/snapback]

OK, I'm drooling now. Bring on the hockey

Also, with no red line now the Sabres should go get some defensemen that can move the puck and skate. People like Sandis Ozolinsh and Oleg Tverdovsky have value again. Not to mention the small fast guys that have been held into submission a la Paul Kariya