So I thought this NHL Lotto was fixed?

Huh...translation please?

388483[/snapback]

People get all worked up before something happens from this they read on the net or hear on sports radio..."well since it may have been fixed for Ewing in 85, then it WILL be fixed for the Rangers" Any evidence? Nope, none, but yet its thrown out there.

FYI: Im a Sabres fan.

OK I'll go along with that....Did I miss something? I understand that we have one of the better chances of getting the first choice and their has been talk that the NHL will secretly pulll the Rangers, Philly, Toronto, Detroit etc.........But come on the Smoking Man is dead isn't he?????

opps wrong sport.

It was fixed. Team in the worst financial situation? Pittsburgh. Team most deperatley in need of a new arena? Pittsburgh. Penguins owner? Mario Lemieux.

Things were so bad in Pittsburgh it was rumored the Penguins were moving to Winnipeg before the lockout. Winnipeg built a new 15,000 seat (expandable to 18,500 seats) arena for their AHL team in the hopes of getting another NHL team. They even printed up T-Shirts that said "Winnipeg Penguins"

The # 1 pick was a favor to Lemieux for all the work he did in getting the new CBA done and for keeping the Penguins afloat for the last 5 years.

It was fixed. Team in the worst financial situation?  Pittsburgh. Team most deperatley in need of a new arena? Pittsburgh. Penguins owner? Mario Lemieux.

Things were so bad in Pittsburgh it was rumored the Penguins were moving to Winnipeg before the lockout. Winnipeg built a new 15,000 seat (expandable to 18,500 seats) arena for their AHL team in the hopes of getting another NHL team. They even printed up T-Shirts that said "Winnipeg Penguins"

The # 1 pick was a favor to Lemieux for all the work he did in getting the new CBA done and for keeping the Penguins afloat for the last 5 years.

388637[/snapback]

Yup...you beat me to it.

Huh, maybe Pittsburgh will fold now and move to Winnepeg?  :unsure:

388639[/snapback]

I don't think Pittsburgh is leaving the US anytime soon :angry:

but the penguins might if they can't get the new arena built...

For gods sake, that team has been handed everything....The overall #1

pick 2 out of 3 years and the 2nd overall pick in the other year.....What

more do you want....

It was fixed. Team in the worst financial situation?  Pittsburgh. Team most deperatley in need of a new arena? Pittsburgh. Penguins owner? Mario Lemieux.

388637[/snapback]

Oh gimmie a break. I hope you actually don't believe what the hell you wrote here.

I don't think Pittsburgh is leaving the US anytime soon  :unsure:

but the penguins might if they can't get the new arena built...

For gods sake, that team has been handed everything....The overall #1

pick 2 out of 3 years and the 2nd overall pick in the other year.....What

more do you want....

388848[/snapback]

The Pens did this on their own. They told the public they were going to dismantle and they did. They were never going to move. Just like the Sabres weren't. They are posturing to get their new arena built and nothing more. They Pens started to dismantle in the perfect time to get ready for the lockout. They gambled and it paid off perfect. The last step will be the new arena. They are sitting pretty and had this plan all along. Their payroll, I will bet, will end up top half of the league now, and this is exactly what they wanted all along.

Nice job Mario and Craig Patrick.