EA Sports NHL 2006

PTS

With 50% of the league's players going to switch teams in the next month and not to mention the impending rules changes, I wonder what EA Sports is going to do? They can't possibly release the game like they usually do, a month before the season starts.

BTW: The game looks like the best hockey game ever. I haven't bought the last 3-4 years because it was the same game with a different year as the title.

They can have the players programmed in with their looks and attributes...  Plugging them on teams won't be too hard.

388273[/snapback]

I agree it's easy to switch team rosters but they probably make the physical copy of the game way before the ship date. I don't think rosters will be set until a week or so before the season.

I agree it's easy to switch team rosters but they probably make the physical copy of the game way before the ship date. I don't think rosters will be set until a week or so before the season.

388278[/snapback]

I guess we can just follow what happens.... Not to worry though. you'll probably lose track of time when madden 2006 comes out.

388278[/snapback]

The game will have to be delayed until December or so, IMO.

Even if they program everything with player attributes, game physics, etc. - they can't just add in new rules and hope it will play the same. They'll have to update player AI and test the game many times to make sure that the new rules don't result in the EA players going offsides or something every 30 seconds.

The pc version could always be updated with patches.  Roster changes have always been available for download during the season.

388609[/snapback]

Same with the Xbox version with Live!.

As for the rules changes -- who's to say that the NHL didn't talk to EA about the changes long ago? That'd be my guess.

CW

Same with the Xbox version with Live!.

As for the rules changes -- who's to say that the NHL didn't talk to EA about the changes long ago?  That'd be my guess.

CW

388615[/snapback]

Maybe EA is secretly in charge...

At this rate who's to say that the NHL isn't better off staking their financial future with the video game companies than the networks anyway?

NHL by EASports is a flatout ridiculous version of the sport that no longer is competitive. I used to love it in the '90s, but lately it has sucked. Save your money and buy NHL 2K6 for $29.99 when it comes out in early September. It is a much better hockey game and will have more accurate rosters.

NHL by EASports is a flatout ridiculous version of the sport that no longer is competitive.  I used to love it in the '90s, but lately it has sucked.  Save your money and buy NHL 2K6 for $29.99 when it comes out in early September.  It is a much better hockey game and will have more accurate rosters.

389160[/snapback]

I believe EA bought the rights to the NHL out like they did with the NFL.