Hey Cuse Fans, I need the lowdown.

Marshmallow

My brother in law was recently hired to be the cornerbacks coach at Syracuse. I never grew up interested in college football, but now I'm really excited. Anyone want to give me an update with what's been going on the last year and what to expect this coming season?

Goo

Coach Pasqualoni is gone, everything else that happens this year is gravy...

Coach Robinson is bringing a lot of excitement back to the program and ticket sales are up, but dramatic improvement this season is most likely not in the cards. He still has a lot of questions at QB, oline needs help, and the defense is struggling for an identity (although defense is Robinsons specialty, so it should be improving). I haven't had time to keep up on all the new players so hopefully someone else can fill you in. I'm just so fuggin' happy that Coach P is gone I don't even care if they go 2-10 this year...

Welcome to college football. It really is a totally different game and I think you are going to really enjoy it. I know the Cuse program has been in some trouble, but now that they have a legitimate head coach I think they will be able to get back to their old form. I'm interested to see how the new Big East will work out this year.

Greg Robinson is a very knowledgeable coach, especially on defense, where the Orange have a lot of talent returning. FS Anthony Smith looks to be a good one, and DE James Wyche could become a standout player for them on the line. Offensively, they do have some decent players returning in RB Damien Rhodes and QB Perry Patterson, but they're going to need a strong effort from their WR corps in order to succeed in the West Coast scheme they intend to use. I think they'll struggle in their first year under Robinson, but will lay the groundwork to once again become a force in college football.

http://carrierdome.syr.edu/event.asp?id=4

SU tickets go on sale to the general public August 3rd.

I might be going to the homecoming game this year. I was up there for last years homecoming game vs Florida State. Had a great time and they almost pulled an upset! I also want to take a road trip this year but am still trying to gather the funds. :blush:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.