The Bills had a special town meeting on last night

Tom D said all the same things.

Players there were Tim E and K Thomas

They showed Jim Kelly and JP at Kelly's camp. JP(I LOVE him) was so excited when these 11yr olds would catch a pass he threw. He ran down the field and picked up the kid in the air. Just great stuff. Those kids are really going to remember this for their entire lives. This kid(JP) talked to the little ones about how everyone thinks that when ypu make the NFL you have it made BUT without and Education to fall back on you are not prepared for life. That your NFL career can be over the first year.

I taped it because I was doing other things. If you wish I can tell more after I watch it tonight.

This kid(JP) talked to the little ones about how everyone thinks that when ypu make the NFL you have it made BUT without and Education to fall back on you are not prepared for life. That your NFL career can be over the first year.

387853[/snapback]

I don't understand where in the national media has got it that this kid is

Cocky....based on things he has been doing this offseason, he is anything

but that.

but that.

I think he WAS cocky...until Vincent laid that lick on him, and then when he looked like a fool against the Patsies and had to admit he hadn't prepared.

I think he WAS cocky...until Vincent laid that lick on him, and then when he looked like a fool against the Patsies and had to admit he hadn't prepared.

387919[/snapback]

That could be why Mullarkey threw him to the wolves in the Pats game...to give him a slice of humble pie!.

PTR

I liked this guy from the first meeting with him. I have yet to see any cockiness in him. A perfect gentleman everytime. He has manners, did not see him snub the kids, very dedicated to doing well.

I've often said that there is a fine line between cocky and confident.

What I have found in the business world is that those that are most successful know exactly where the line is and how to toe the line at all times. That is what Jim Kelly was able to do....especially in the 2nd half of his career.

but that.

387917[/snapback]

If you back up what you say, there's no such thing as cockey.

Muhammed Ali said he was the greatest all the time. I wouldn't call that cockey, because he was 100% correct.

Muhammed Ali said he was the greatest all the time. I wouldn't call that cockey, because he was 100% correct.

388161[/snapback]

I disagree - I think Joe Louis in his prime would've whipped Ali in his. That's a fight I'd pay ALOT of money to see.

I disagree - I think Joe Louis in his prime would've whipped Ali in his.  That's a fight I'd pay ALOT of money to see.

388165[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd love to see that question answered!

388161[/snapback]

1. Louis

2. Marciano

3. Ali

(is just ahead of)

4. Tunney / Dempsey

388161[/snapback]

Ken Norton begs to differ when he wooped his ass twice and no credit. (ask Ali jaw)

I liked this guy from the first meeting with him.  I have yet to see any cockiness in him.  A perfect gentleman everytime.  He has manners, did not see him snub the kids, very dedicated to doing well.

388133[/snapback]

Thanks #89 -- that's great insight coming from you. There are a lot of reasons to like the public image JP is portraying--his evolvement from a tough but very loving upbringing; he's great and direct with kids; he's a hard worker --- he fits WNY like a glove....You have seen him when the cameras and mics are off--and it seems like there is no "fake" in him.....

He's the Bills QB which automatically means we cheer like hell for him--but him being a good person--makes it all the better.

Yep, no accounting for taste. :lol::P

388238[/snapback]

Apologies. JP doesn't sound anything like Ali in terms of cockiness. Point being that Ali wasn't the "greatest" I don't

think JP sounds cocky or at all full of himself, or has he put anything out there in the media that he needs to back up. The only claims he has made are that he is going to work hard.