NHLPA ratifies CBA!!!

I'd be very surprised if a team other than one of those with "the best chance" to win the lottery does not win first pick. Looking at the odds, only 12 of the 48 balls belong to one of these teams.....meaning there is only a 25% chance one of these teams wins the lottery. Sportsnet (a canadian sports network) did a "Mock Lottery" and it had an oddball like Calgary (with only 1 ball) winning first pick in the draft.

I'd be very surprised if a team other than one of those with "the best chance" to win the lottery does not win first pick. Looking at the odds, only 12 of the 48 balls belong to one of these teams.....meaning there is only a 25% chance one of these teams wins the lottery. Sportsnet (a canadian sports network) did a "Mock Lottery" and it had an oddball like Calgary (with only 1 ball) winning first pick in the draft.

387869[/snapback]

its just screwed up... calgary (conference finalist) even having a shot at the #1 pick is whacked. Could you imagine if there was a lottery system for the nfl draft and espn did a computer simulation with the patriots winning the #1 pick?

yeah, thought so

I agree.

There should also be some protection for the teams with the best "chance"...perhaps teams with 3 balls cannot fall past #10 overall...teams with 2 balls cannot go past #20 overall....thats what bothers me even more..that Buffalo could slide to 30

387712[/snapback]

Wow, that's even worse. Could you imagine switching on MSG (which will carry the press conference) at 4 pm and seeing the first envelope opened to determine the #30 pick... and seeing the mad goat on the card?

Since I'll be home this afternoon, I think I'll watch on the cheapest television I own. No sense breaking the good one.