Henry gets new deal with Titans

Frez

Titans | Henry gets New Deal

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:38:46 -0700

Titansonline.com reports Tennessee Titans RB Travis Henry has agreed to terms on a multi-year extension of his contract with the Titans. "We are excited about acquiring a player of this caliber for our roster," said Titans general manager Floyd Reese. "Travis is a dynamic back who will help us immediately. The combination of RB Chris Brown and RB Travis Henry puts us in elite company in terms of talented backfields. I don't know that it will matter who starts, because I envision both players making significant contributions throughout the season." Henry will join the rest of the Titans who will report for training camp next week.

I wonder what he's getting for money?

Heck, that didn't take long!  :doh:

385592[/snapback]

Floyd Reese said about who would start. I always thought of Henry as a feast or famine in that he woulg go 1 yard run, -1 yard run, 2 yard run, then 15 yard run. I think for Travis to be effective he needs 20 to 25 carries a game and I do not see him getting that with Chris Brown.

I wonder what he's getting for money?

Heck, that didn't take long!  :doh:

385592[/snapback]

I'm sure the Titans were smart enough to figure out that it wasn't a good idea to trade away a high 3rd for one season and had this figured out with Henry and his agent prior to the trade.

I know everyone here thinks that Donahoe is the only man with a brain in the NFL, but ...

I really think the bad press from "Pacman" Jones helped facilitate this trade forcing the Titans hand to try to generate some positive buzz.

Oh well, he will be playing for my second favorite team ( a million miles less than my beloved Bills ) .

I wish him luck.