Rosenhaus Saves 4 Year Old Boy

Said Cpl. Bob Leben, the deputy who commenced the investigation of the incident: "[Rosenhaus] certainly stepped up."

Shortly afterwards Rosenhaus announced that Cpl. Bob Leben will not be reporting to work for the Orange County Sheriff's Department until he can renegotiate his employment with the county.

Shortly afterwards Rosenhaus announced that Cpl. Bob Leben will not be reporting to work for the Orange County Sheriff's Department until he can renegotiate his employment with the county.

385555[/snapback]

followed soon thereafter by a statement from the orange county police commissioner's office:

"drew may have saved that little kid, but he can kiss my ass. bob leben has been a distraction to this unit for too long. hell, if bob had gotten off of his lazy ass he could have saved the damn kid himself."

drew rosenhaus was not available for comment.

Man, you guys suck. While you all bash Rosenhaus, he saved a little boy's life for crissakes. Think if you were the parent? Jesus, some of you people amaze me. Grow up. Man. I just saw on FOX that the boy was even closer to death than the ESPN article made it out to be. He was actually turning blue and Rosenhaus was screaming, "Hold out! You can do it, kid! Hold out!"

:doh: Drew is very good at what he does, whether we like it or not. Is he unethical - probably. Would I want him for my agent - oh, yes. Would I be grateful that he saved my child (and he did), you bet! Even a jerk can perform a good deed.

Man, you guys suck. While you all bash Rosenhaus, he saved a little boy's life for crissakes. Think if you were the parent? Jesus, some of you people amaze me. Grow up. Man. I just saw on FOX that the boy was even closer to death than the ESPN article made it out to be. He was actually turning blue and Rosenhaus was screaming, "Hold out! You can do it, kid! Hold out!"

385586[/snapback]

Rosenhaus is a tool that did a good deed.

Even tools can have hearts.

This thread will, in a sense, be representative of Drew's legacy.

No matter how much money he gets for his players, it is ultimately HOW he gets them the money that sports fans will remember.

385567[/snapback]

Why would an agent care what the fans think or care about his public perception? I'd wager that these guys think they're doing a great job if they're hated by the fans...

385586[/snapback]

Yes, give him a break. Does anyone seriously think that reacting quickly to save a child's life was a publicity stunt! Come on!

385586[/snapback]

I'll admit. I bit. Which made it all the more funny.

Man, you guys suck. Rosenhaus was screaming, "Hold out! You can do it, kid! Hold out!"

385586[/snapback]

Guess that phrase is just on his mind lately. Good one. :doh:

Yeah, saving a kid from drowning is a good deed, but that only raises him a notch above pond-sucking scum.

Yes, give him a break. Does anyone seriously think that reacting quickly to save a child's life was a publicity stunt! Come on!

As the orignial poster (and the only one who said publicity stunt), no. I dont think it was one...Its just ironic being rosenhous. If ANYONE would stage a publicity stunt such as this, it would be him. I cant believe that even someone as heartless as rosenhous would not save a boy drowning if given the chance.

Why would an agent care what the fans think or care about his public perception?  I'd wager that these guys think they're doing a great job if they're hated by the fans...

385599[/snapback]

I'd wager that you are correct. The problem I have is more from a legacy standpoint than a "Boy, I hope people like me" standpoint.

The question I ask myself every day is simply this: In the end, when it's all over, how will you be remembered? One thing I know for certain: When I'm gone, I don't want one of my clients giving the eulogy.

I'd wager that you are correct. The problem I have is more from a legacy standpoint than a "Boy, I hope people like me" standpoint.

The question I ask myself every day is simply this: In the end, when it's all over, how will you be remembered? One thing I know for certain: When I'm gone, I don't want one of my clients giving the eulogy.

385616[/snapback]

This just in. Agents are pricks. It is their job to lie. Think of the kind of person that chooses to be an agent, be it a sports agent or a lit agent or a talent agent. I don't even trust a travel agent.

This just in. Agents are pricks. It is their job to lie. Think of the kind of person that chooses to be an agent, be it a sports agent or a lit agent or a talent agent. I don't even trust a travel agent.

385620[/snapback]

OK, you don't like agents. But aren't they just doing their jobs - getting the best possible deal for their clients, even if it entails a bit of deception? Sounds a lot like defense lawyers, right? (And, we have a few of them on the TSW, if I recall.)

Nevertheless, give Drew credit this time. In his personal (versus agent) role, he saved a child. Good for him! (And I do appreciate your "hold out" addition to this post. Funny!