Need music ideas for baby video

Fezmid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Luckiest by Ben Folds is a really nice song as well. Although, I'm not sure if it would fit in this context.

385394[/snapback]

It's a good song - but more of a love song between man and wife...

If you want a Ben Folds son try "Still fighting it"

Ben wrote it for his son and has some good lines about growing up... It's a great song to look back on when your nephew gets older...

Lyrics:

Good morning, son.

I am a bird

Wearing a brown polyester shirt

You want a coke?

Maybe some fries?

The roast beef combo's only $9.95

It's okay, you don't have to pay

I've got all the change

Everybody knows

It hurts to grow up

And everybody does

It's so weird to be back here

Let me tell you what

The years go on and

We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it

And you're so much like me

I'm sorry

Good morning, son

In twenty years from now

Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers

And I can tell you 'bout today

And how I picked you up and everything changed

It was pain

Sunny days and rain

I knew you'd feel the same things

Everybody knows

It sucks to grow up

And everybody does

It's so weird to be back here.

Let me tell you what

The years go on and

You'll try and try and one day you'll fly

Away from me

Good morning, son

I am a bird

It was pain

Sunny days and rain

I knew you'd feel the same things

Everybody knows

It hurts to grow up

And everybody does

It's so weird to be back here.

Let me tell you what

The years go on and

Oh, we're still fighting it, we're still fighting it

And you're so much like me

I'm sorry

If you want to go away from the mainstream a little and try something new, I recently came accross a guy from Tennessee who has a load of free downloads on music.downloads.com.

His name is Brendon James Wright - and a track called Serene is a lovely acoustic song that would be appropriate kyrically and has a timeless quality to it that would last from babyhood to adulthood. Go here to download it: http://music.download.com/brendonjameswright

Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use in the background of a baby video of some kind?

First thing I thought of was the John Lennon "Beautiful Boy" song a few people mentioned, but there's some other good song suggestions here too. Even simple lullabies.

I think the best idea is have a family member sing whatever it is you choose - that would be awesome. Grandparents, Mom, Dad - even you. Doesn't have to be professional quality - it's something that has meaning beyond the ability of the singer.

One of my Uncles recently passed away. During the memorial service, they played a recording of him singing a hymn solo. He was not the best singer, but it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

There's some great ideas here, thanks everyone!

The grandparents singing may not work out, but I might be able to get one set of grandparents to do it, we'll see...

I'll need to start finding samples of all of the songs people have recommended (Amazon is good for that, with their 30 second preview). I'm also looking at some kids songs, as recommended here.

Keep the ideas coming :D

CW

There's some great ideas here, thanks everyone!

The grandparents singing may not work out, but I might be able to get one set of grandparents to do it, we'll see...

I'll need to start finding samples of all of the songs people have recommended (Amazon is good for that, with their 30 second preview).  I'm also looking at some kids songs, as recommended here.

Keep the ideas coming :D

CW

Your choice of background music, with narrative from family members. How they decided on a name. What the day he was born was like - the trip to the hospital, their experiences that day. I tell mine about what the day was like, the weather that day, the trip to the hospital, what time they were born, 'making' their belly buttons (because I cut the cords), about my son peeing all over the doctor, then on the nurse; giving them their first baths, having their pictures and footprints taken, first diaper changes, etc. Everyone has stories to tell that the kids appreciate when they grow up.

Now that takes me back :D  Love that song - so many memories  :D

385824[/snapback]

Glad someone else knew of this song! I heard it for the first time on a trip to Paris. I was in my young 20's and a hard rocker at the time (still am), but the beauty of the song just struck me and I bought the Stars CD. I pulled it out a couple years ago for the first time in a long time, and when "For Your Babies" came on it hit me that it was the first time I listened to the song as a father -- a pretty cool moment.