Need music ideas for baby video

Fezmid

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Somewhere Over the Rainbow. if ya need the MP3, PM me your E-Mail addy and I can send.

It's a beautiful song (actually, it's Somewhere Over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World). I want it to be my wedding song someday.

385348[/snapback]

I second this nomination. I think it would be a great choice. I also have the MP3.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my kids were born I actually made a tape for my wife of mellow / child subject songs - but damned if I can remember now what they were.

I remember putting "I am a Child" off Live Rust, and also a version of "Ode To Joy" by Leo Kottke.

If his name was James you'd have one sure one.

My first (and only) nephew just turned one last week, and I want to make a DVD for the family.  I already have the baptism done, and there's obviously only so much creativity allowed in that (without becoming offensive... :doh: ).  However, I'd like to make a photo and/or video montage (or a mix of the two in one video).  I have a bunch of pictures and videos of the baby already, I just need to think of a good song(s) for the background music.

I've thought of things like Jim Croche's "Time in a Bottle," and Cat Stevens' "Cat's in the Cradle,"  but both of those are more for older, not younger.  Seems a lot of songs are more love/romance songs than love for a child type songs (or if it's love for a child, it's after they're more than a year old...)

I've thought about some kids songs (Rubber Ducky?) but I don't have a very big collection of those songs to listen to (or even use), although I'm not opposed to buying a CD or getting an MP3.

Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use in the background of a baby video of some kind?

Thanks all.

EDIT: I suppose I could do some classical music as the background, that might work...  But not quite what I was thinking of.

CW

385345[/snapback]

See if you could both sets of grand parents to sing some kind of lullaby. It would be a nice touch, trust me. :)

Am I the only one who thinks that John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy (Darling boy) is awesome for this occasion?

Close your eyes,

Have no fear,

The monsters gone,

He's on the run and your daddy's here,

Beautiful,

Beautiful, beautiful,

Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,

Say a little prayer,

Every day in every way,

It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,

Beautiful, beautiful,

Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,

I can hardly wait,

To see you to come of age,

But I guess we'll both,

Just have to be patient,

Yes it's a long way to go,

But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,

Take my hand,

Life is just what happens to you,

While your busy making other plans,

Beautiful,

Beautiful, beautiful,

Beautiful Boy,

Darling,

Darling,

Darling Sean.

My wife and I found out our first child is a boy, and "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon (and what's-her-name) off the Double Fantasy album is one I've been playing. Maybe that works for you, too?

385442[/snapback]

Brilliant minds.

See if you could both sets of grand parents to sing some kind of lullaby. It would be a nice touch, trust me. :)

385415[/snapback]

That in itself would make a powerful documentary. :doh:

Back to Fez's original solicitation - music. Lyrics have no place in a home-grown flick meant to elicit ooohs and ahhs and cootchie-coos from the concerned parties.

The kid is the focus.

Lyrics can be integral to many Hollywood productions - "Rocky" for example.

One would fail Moviemaking 101 at the suggestion of inserting background lyrics into today's equivalent of 8 mm home movies...you do not try to express your own interpretations, philosophies, heartfelt words, etc. into what is a light-hearted family event.

Am I the only one who thinks that John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy (Darling boy) is awesome for this occasion?

385478[/snapback]

I used to think so, but now I can only hear Richard Dreyfus in "Mr. Holland's Opus," which was a great, great, great flick. But I could have done without him singing.

If you are looking for a warm-fuzzy video, this song is the greatest baby song.

Simply Red - For Your Babies

You’ve got that look again

The one I hoped I had when I was a lad

Your face is just beaming

Your smile got me boasting, my pulse roller-coastering

Anyway the four winds that blow

They’re gonna send me sailing home to you

Or I’ll fly with the force of a rainbow

The dream of gold will be waiting in your eyes

You know I’d do most anything you want

Hey i, I try to give you everything you need

I can see that it gets to you

I don’t believe in may things

But in you I do

Her faith is amazing

The pain that she goes through contained in the hope for you

Your whole world has changed

The years spent before seem more cloudy than blue

In many ways your baby’s controlling

When you haven’t laid down for days

For the poor no time to be thinking

They’re too busy finding ways

Hey i, I try to give you everything you need

I’ll see that it gets to you

I don’t believe in many things

But in you I do

Everyday i, I try to give you everything you need

We’ll always be there for you

I don’t believe in many things

But in you I do

I used to think so, but now I can only hear Richard Dreyfus in "Mr. Holland's Opus," which was a great, great, great flick. But I could have done without him singing.

385506[/snapback]

Is that the one that went on for hours, hours, hours? I thought an ocarina up his arse and a picollo down his throat would be an act of justice.

I did the same thing two years in a row for my nephew...just threw it together in Imovie. My sister is on a PC, so she doesn't realize how easy it is on a Mac. Thinks I'm a genius.

I tried to stay away from the corny adult rock stuff like Croce. Went right for the corny kids music. Better for pace....Expecially when your video is an hour long or so like mine were. Here's a couple things bought...

Sesame Street - Fiesta songs

Brady Rymer - Look at my belly (this guy is great)

Dora the explorer - (if you don't know who this is now, you will)

Rafi

Bert & Ernie's greatest Hits

Kids Klassics

Songs from the Street: 35 years of Sesame Street

Bottle let me down - SOngs for Bumpy wagon rides

For the kids (with Cake and Sarah McLachlan)

Classic Disney Vol. 4

I think you can get most of this stuff on itunes

That in itself would make a powerful documentary. :doh:

Back to Fez's original solicitation - music. Lyrics have no place in a home-grown flick meant to elicit ooohs and ahhs and cootchie-coos from the concerned parties.

The kid is the focus.

Lyrics can be integral to many Hollywood productions - "Rocky" for example.

One would fail Moviemaking 101 at the suggestion of inserting background lyrics into today's equivalent of 8 mm home movies...you do not try to express your own interpretations, philosophies, heartfelt words, etc. into what is a light-hearted family event.

385486[/snapback]

To give some thing back to which you were born. I would have loved to have some kind of rememberence of my grandparents. Alas, its not cool. Today Its all about me, me , me. Good luck America.

385478[/snapback]

That's the song I was thinking of when I mentioned what the boy's name was. I hadn't heard it in a while, so I didn't realize that "Sean" was not referred to by name until the very end...that would be an easy edit.