Need music ideas for baby video

Fezmid

My first (and only) nephew just turned one last week, and I want to make a DVD for the family. I already have the baptism done, and there's obviously only so much creativity allowed in that (without becoming offensive... :doh: ). However, I'd like to make a photo and/or video montage (or a mix of the two in one video). I have a bunch of pictures and videos of the baby already, I just need to think of a good song(s) for the background music.

I've thought of things like Jim Croche's "Time in a Bottle," and Cat Stevens' "Cat's in the Cradle," but both of those are more for older, not younger. Seems a lot of songs are more love/romance songs than love for a child type songs (or if it's love for a child, it's after they're more than a year old...)

I've thought about some kids songs (Rubber Ducky?) but I don't have a very big collection of those songs to listen to (or even use), although I'm not opposed to buying a CD or getting an MP3.

Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use in the background of a baby video of some kind?

Thanks all.

EDIT: I suppose I could do some classical music as the background, that might work... But not quite what I was thinking of.

CW

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first (and only) nephew just turned one last week, and I want to make a DVD for the family.  I already have the baptism done, and there's obviously only so much creativity allowed in that (without becoming offensive... :doh: ).  However, I'd like to make a photo and/or video montage (or a mix of the two in one video).  I have a bunch of pictures and videos of the baby already, I just need to think of a good song(s) for the background music.

I've thought of things like Jim Croche's "Time in a Bottle," and Cat Stevens' "Cat's in the Cradle,"  but both of those are more for older, not younger.  Seems a lot of songs are more love/romance songs than love for a child type songs (or if it's love for a child, it's after they're more than a year old...)

I've thought about some kids songs (Rubber Ducky?) but I don't have a very big collection of those songs to listen to (or even use), although I'm not opposed to buying a CD or getting an MP3.

Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use in the background of a baby video of some kind?

Thanks all.

CW

385345[/snapback]

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Somewhere Over the Rainbow. if ya need the MP3, PM me your E-Mail addy and I can send.

It's a beautiful song (actually, it's Somewhere Over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World). I want it to be my wedding song someday.

Brahms Lullaby (my favorite)

Hush little Baby

Rock a bye baby

You are my sunshine.

385349[/snapback]

You Are My Sunshine is a horribly depressing song. Have you ever actually listened to all of the words?

It will make you want to hang yourself.

My first (and only) nephew just turned one last week, and I want to make a DVD for the family.  I already have the baptism done, and there's obviously only so much creativity allowed in that (without becoming offensive... :doh: ).  However, I'd like to make a photo and/or video montage (or a mix of the two in one video).  I have a bunch of pictures and videos of the baby already, I just need to think of a good song(s) for the background music.

I've thought of things like Jim Croche's "Time in a Bottle," and Cat Stevens' "Cat's in the Cradle,"  but both of those are more for older, not younger.  Seems a lot of songs are more love/romance songs than love for a child type songs (or if it's love for a child, it's after they're more than a year old...)

Thanks all.

EDIT: I suppose I could do some classical music as the background, that might work...  But not quite what I was thinking of.

CW

385345[/snapback]

http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/take.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserv...0838298-4855209

You Are My Sunshine is a horribly depressing song. Have you ever actually listened to all of the words?

It will make you want to hang yourself.

Just the first verse Ed, just the first verse.

:doh:

You may want to use "Soliloquy" sung by Billy Bigelow from "Carousel", but it's a rather long song that starts off with him taking for granted that he's going to have a son until he realizes he could have girl. It's a beautiful song, done rather well years ago by Frank Sinatra, and it's one of those songs many fathers tend to think about when they find out they're wife is pregnant with their first child.

Great song.

One of the greatest songs ever fits perfectly with a one year old.

May God bless and keep you always,

May your wishes all come true,

May you always do for others

And let others do for you.

May you build a ladder to the stars

And climb on every rung,

May you stay forever young,

Forever young, forever young,

May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,

May you grow up to be true,

May you always know the truth

And see the lights surrounding you.

May you always be courageous,

Stand upright and be strong,

May your hands always be busy,

May your feet always be swift,

May you have a strong foundation

When the winds of changes shift.

May your heart always be joyful,

May your song always be sung,

And keeping with the Dylan theme, he has a great song on Street Legal I think where he keeps singing the chorus over and over and over, "Baby, please stop crying, stop crying, baby please stop crying, stop crying, stop crying, baby please stop crying, stop crying... :doh:

Shout song, Bills' style....duh!  Start 'em young!

Any songs out there that play off the kid's name?

385393[/snapback]

His dad and grandfather are both Packers fans, so that might not go over very well... Although I may slip a Bills logo or two around the video somewhere. :)

His name's Ethan Robert if that helps anyone out.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming. I still need to find copies of the songs (or listen on Amazon to decide if I want to buy one).

Thanks!

CW

NO, NO, NO - don't use Cat's in the Cradle... it's very depressing.

Kelly's suggestion of Dylan's "Forever Young" is a very good choice; I'd recommend Chrissie Hynde's rendition as the most beautiful I've heard. (Shhh... I can rip it for you if you like.)

Also, I'd recommend "House at Pooh Corner" or, even better, "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. (I have them both if you need them.) The latter also features Amy Grant and, after listening to it just now, it choked me up a little.

-Gina

P.S. Even though I rarely post, I do lurk a little every now and then.

www.raymondscott.com

Perfect for any video with children or funny animals, etc. You'll love his music!

Raymond Scott composed many of the songs used in the old cartoons. You can buy the CD on Amazon.com:

The Raymond Scott Quintette

''RECKLESS NIGHTS AND TURKISH TWILIGHTS''

Sony/Columbia (65672-2) & Basta (30-9073-2)

This 22 track CD features the original 78 rpm recordings (1930s)

by the Raymond Scott Quintette -- especially those used in

CARTOONS -- such as "Powerhouse," "The Toy Trumpet,"

"Dinner Music for a Pack of Hungry Cannibals," & many more.

24-bit remastered edition, featuring

fuller sound, updated liner notes, and tracks

replaced with better performances found in the archives!

A little something off the beaten path: The Flaming Lips' "Fight Test".

It's a great song, with some interesting coming-of-age lyrics ("I don't know where the sunbeams end and the star light begins/it's all a mystery...I don't know how a man decides what's right for his own life/it's all a mystery)

Plus, it was so similar to "Father and Son", they shared royalties with Cat Stevens -- so there's your soft rock angle.

My first (and only) nephew just turned one last week, and I want to make a DVD for the family.  I already have the baptism done, and there's obviously only so much creativity allowed in that (without becoming offensive... :) ).  However, I'd like to make a photo and/or video montage (or a mix of the two in one video).  I have a bunch of pictures and videos of the baby already, I just need to think of a good song(s) for the background music.

Thanks all.

EDIT: I suppose I could do some classical music as the background, that might work...  But not quite what I was thinking of.

CW

385345[/snapback]

For nice music that won't take center stage away from the visuals, some selection from Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker Ballet", "Swan Lake" or "Sleeping Beauty" might be servicable. But by alll means, avoid his "1812 Overture". :doh: