re-adjusted outlook for the season

klang

before the game started, I had the Bills at 8-8.

The offense looks like it will struggle to score every game and rank in the bottom 10 again. The defense will keep the games close, but are not dominant (again).

Adds up to around 6-10 again. I don't see any real changes between this team and last year's team.

I agree. I'm not letting today's game piss me off for the rest of the week like previous seasons. This was a good game. It was exciting and down to the wire. I'm chalking it up to just that. A good exicting game. Don't expect too much out of these Bills. Don't let them get YOU down. It IS going to be one of those seasons so accept it. It was a good game and there will be more of them.

peace

I don't see any real changes between this team and last year's team.

27590[/snapback]

I disagree. It is the same result as once again our team ends up on the wrong end of the most important statm W/L.

However, one of the most frustrating things about this team is that they find different ways to lose depending on the situation.

A loss is a loss and that by far is the most important thing, but it is simply short-sighted to see the loss by this team as occuiring because of the same problems as last year. There certainly are recurring issues such as:

1. Lindell missed a critical kick toward the end of the 1st half which should have been makable even into the Ralph winds at that end of the stadium. Its not like the wind is going to stop blowing and the Bills kicker needs to be money inside the 35 at home.

2, The OL was far more impressive today than the group which lost 31-0 to end the season in NE and far better than one would expect given the problems they had this off-season. However an RG hold on 3rd and 2 when the game could have been iced should not happen.

3. It's tough to blame Clements for Smith beating the ball out of him, but that's why he is paid the big bucks and he is supposed to be a playmaker for this team.

However, beyond recurrences of unimpressive place-kicking an an OL problem, there was also a lot of good in this game which I choose not to talk about right now in my current funk. On the face of it as well, there was some good news in this game like the low statistica; sack total, some nice turnovers for us, and some great 3rd down production on good playcalling that were totally non-existent last year and should not be overlooked.