The word is out...Del Rio has got a big mouth!

duey

This article from the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal put an amusing, and decidedly Titanesque spin on the trade.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../507190305/1006

It basically says that the Titans owner wasn't really going to move forward with the trade until he heard Del Rio's comments from last week (where he said that the Jags were interested and close to a deal).

I can't stand Del Rio. Anything that makes him and his big freaking yap look stupid is great by me! ;):w00t:

This article from the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal put an amusing, and decidedly Titanesque spin on the trade.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../507190305/1006

It basically says that the Titans owner wasn't really going to move forward with the trade until he heard Del Rio's comments from last week (where he said that the Jags were interested and close to a deal).

I can't stand Del Rio.  Anything that makes him and his big freaking yap look stupid is great by me!  ;)  :w00t:

384909[/snapback]

to the contrary, Del Rio got a division rival in cap hell to overspend and use a vital draft pick on a position they have already filled.

DelRio's comments were strategically made.

Now if there was an axe involved, that would be another matter.

to the contrary, Del Rio got a division rival in cap hell to overspend and use a vital draft pick on a position they have already filled.

DelRio's comments were strategically made.

Now if there was an axe involved, that would be another matter.

384941[/snapback]

You really think that Del Rio was goading the Titans into making the trade? The Titans were already in cap hell without this trade, so Travis's $1.25 mil this year won't be that big a deal (plus, if they work out a long term deal, this years hit will probably be less).

I honestly think that Del Rio was pretty sure the deal was done, hence his comments. Read TD's comments about how the Jags handled themselves...

But Donahoe had a different take on the situation Monday, saying the Jaguars waited too long -- specifically, last Friday evening -- to make a firm trade offer.

The Jaguars also didn't help their cause, Donahoe said, by abruptly changing their minds about acquiring Henry. Donahoe said the Jaguars decided last Monday not to pursue Henry after an apparently encouraging workout by Fred Taylor, then reversed their decision the following day.

"We were told ... by Jacksonville that they were going to work Fred Taylor out on Monday, which they did,'' Donahoe said. "We talked to them Monday afternoon, and they told us they weren't interested in Travis. They thought Fred Taylor was going to be fine when training camp started.

"So talks really heated up with Tennessee on Tuesday, and Tuesday evening, after we had verbally agreed to a deal with Tennessee, Jacksonville attempted to get back into it. I told Jacksonville Tuesday evening [that we had] a deal in principle with Tennessee.

"We didn't hear back from [the Jaguars until] probably Friday evening. We had turned the deal into the league, and Friday evening around 5:30 [p.m.] is when the league approved the language of the trade.''

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._19275331.shtml

Sounds more and more like the Jags dropped the ball on this one. If only they had dropped another ball last year. ;)

If you take TDs comments at face value he says they had an agreement in principle on Wednesday with Tenn. Jags waited and missed out. Still remains to be seen whether that is a good thing for them or not. As for us...I'll take the 3.

Sounds more and more like the Jags dropped the ball on this one.  If only they had dropped another ball last year. ;)

If you take TDs comments at face value he says they had an agreement in principle on Wednesday with Tenn.  Jags waited and missed out.  Still remains to be seen whether that is a good thing for them or not.  As for us...I'll take the 3.

384951[/snapback]

Yep...I agree. I am very happy with the three. And it makes TD look good in light of all the "experts" saying that he should have taken anything that was offered back at the time of the draft.

Top four reasons to dislike the Jaguars:

1. The 1996 playoff loss in Rich Stadium (Jim Kelly's last stand)

2. The Rob Johnson rip off

3. Opening Day last year

4. Jack Del Rio - Assclown coach

3. Opening Day last year

385002[/snapback]

I have to say that #2 is all our fault. Everyone thought surfer dude was going to be awesome.

3. Opening Day last year

385002[/snapback]

I just wanted to say I love your avatar.

May be Del Rio wanted the Titans to bite....No one will really know

the truth in this...

Bottom line is all the party is happy....

1. The bills got rid of a potential locker room issue

2. The titans get an assurance for an injured starter and get a 2 time Pro -bowler

3. The jaguars are pushing teh titans to invest in henry thereby using

precious salary cap against a backup.

4. Henry gets a better chance at a starting job at Ten rather than at buffalo

or Jax. The Titans are not sold on Brown whereas if Taylor is healthy

Henry will have no shot at ths starting job in Jacksonville.